Chapter Two: Missing the Crew

MAX
______________________________

It was over a week since I had a proper conversation with my friends especially Luke or last saw them.

His parents seemed to more strict than mine. Everyone's parents behaved like that or so I thought and it was so unbearable for me.

I don't usually stay at home all day. It was either I hang out with my friends or I find something good to do outside the house because once I'm at home believe me I'll never experience peace at all.

This is because am the only child.

It was either I'd be washing the dishes or cleaning the house and this left me thinking, if I'm not there, who would do it? I tried to stay away from home as much as possible to avoid being stressed all day since I noticed that once am there, there must be work to do.

But there I was, stayed at home all day doing all the chores with nobody to talk with. I mean is this not a higher grade of loneliness? All that helped me is that some of the times I call my friends and we do a group chat. It wasalready becoming too boring for me and I seriously need to meet them before the week runs out.

Maybe I should play some games but the question is, which of them haven't I played? I'm already sick of watching movies and books aren't helping either. I'm just bored.

I just hoped all this case of missing people stops and Mr. Dark gets busted but it sounds pretty much unconvincing since his operations are untraceable.

But come to think of it, he only operates in the night but we still get to stay at home all day for fear of him showing up in the broad day light which I think can't happen. Well who says it can't? After the shocking doings of Mr. Dark everyone has been made to believe that everything is possible and that's why we're kept at home all day doing nothing. I was really grateful this didn't occur during school days. Thanks goodness we were on holidays before the incident occurred. If not no one will go to school since schools will be shut down due to fear of the unknown. No school would love to be tried in court for the case of a missing school child so it won't possibly work.

I was still deep in thought for my next line of action when my phone rang. It was group call from my friends so I joined. "hey guys what's up"

"hello everyone" said Ann

"Hey Crew!" that was Maya

Luke just waved as though he ran out of words.

"Have you guys seen the new game out on the store? it's like a million better than........."

Here we go again Maya with her discoveries again. Well it was better than being bored and lonely.

LUKE
____________________________

The conversation seemed useless to me because there was  a serious matter at hand and we can't just have such situation and someone will find it right to talk about games. This was what I tag unserious and I don't condone such that's why I planned not to contribute to their discussion till something important comes out of it. Well I couldn't just hang up on them. I really missed them and that was the only reason I remained on the call with them.
After what seems like eternity to me, someone finally noticed me! "Hey Luke, you haven't said anything since we started this call. Is anything the matter?" That was Ann speaking.

"Well, thank you Ann for the question. Am sorry, but doesn't it seem stupid to ask such a question when we all know what's at hand currently? Like Maya how the hell do you still have the urge to play games when such a problem is going on in this City?"

"Uhm, I can't help it actually. You all know am kinda addicted to games. Don't look at me like that guys! Weren't you guys enjoying the conversation?"

"Nope we weren't, thanks for the question"

"That was rude Max! That's no way to talk to a lady!" Maya voiced out angrily

"Well,I'm sorry "lady"," said Max sarcastically before adding, "so let's focus guys, all we need is a plan"

"Which is?" Asked Ann

Then, Max replied, " I don't know! All I know is that a plan is all we need. Anyone can come up with that. Luke do you have any in mind?"

"I thought you'd never ask but since you have let's all meet tonight at my place, maybe we'll figure out something. We need to have a real meeting for a better plan to come up because you guys behave like kids on video calls" I said and everyone laughed.

"So we all sneak out to Luke's place tonight?" Asked Maya.

"Sure thing ma'am" said Max and everyone busted into an uncontrollable laughter which lasted for about half an hour.

Yeah and was the next line of action!!

——————————————
Author's note

Is sneaking out for a meeting at night the best option? Let me know your thoughts !

That's all for Chapter two. I tried to make the chapter longer than the previous. So how was it ?

Your Votes and comments counts and will be greatly appreciated by me!

Thanks everyone 💜