Chapter seven: Missing the Menace

MARY
______________________________

"Grrrrrrrrrrrrr"

"Oh stupid clock. Why did I even set the alarm? I need rest!"

It was another Tuesday. Exactly two weeks from the day my brother Luke was found missing.

I could clearly recall the events that took place that day like it was yesterday.

Since I knew Luke, he was always a mischievous and troublesome person, at least to me because no one believed he was that bad. That's why mom and dad will always hail him and get him all he needs.

They believed he was the "good child".

Unknowing to them, their so called "good child" was a problem to me. Always looking for a way to get me and laugh so hard at me which he always did.

A menace!

That Tuesday, I noticed Luke wasn't at rest at all but I couldn't just ask him directly. It troubled me but you can't just expect me to act like I cared for someone who doesn't allow me to have peace at home. No I can't. It would give him a go-ahead to continue his mischief around me and couldn't allow that to happen.

I went to him and acted as though I was mocking to make him reveal his reason for being restless.

"Looks like the "almighty" Luke has finally landed himself into some trouble. Look at the looks on his face"
I laughed so hard at him.

"You know I don't get or should I say never, get into trouble" said Luke.

"Says the weak boy who I save from strong classmates at least thrice a week"

"That's literally saving from bullying not trouble." he said trying to defend himself.

"Oh! Is that?" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes. It sure is" Luke responded in a normal tone.

"Well, I believe those bullies are trouble to you simply because they cause you trouble."
Luke scratched his head while I gave him victorious smile then continued what I was saying.

"So concluding, I would say that that those bullies can be tagged Troy because they do cause trouble. Any objection?" I asked him looking at his restless face.

"None. But if I may ask,"

"You may!"

"So tell me, how many places and times have your saved me from trouble apart from school?" Asked Luke.

"About the number of times, I'm pretty sure and you're aware it's uncountable. Then for the places, I would give you two instances to refresh your inactive brain."
He seemed interested so I continued.

"Remember the day you were almost beaten up by Mike? The guy you kicked his phone off his hands while practicing Kung-fu on the road. I was the one that apologized on your behalf and he forgave. He would have beaten the hell out of your miserable life."

"Yes I remember the dude Mike, I think you had a crush on him." Luke said and laughed so loud that I got angry and kind of ashamed.

I hit him on his head with the pillow on the sofa "Don't say what you're not sure of you fool!" 

"About that I can prove it but I'm not in the mood for it today" He said returning back to his previous mood.

"I know you got into trouble. And that's why you're like this. Don't you wanna tell your big sis who always saves you from it."

I said this hoping that he would open up but I guess I was wrong. He never did.

"Look, Mary I'm not in the mood to speak and I don't think I want to talk about it especially with you." He concluded, stoop up and went to his room.