Chapter Three: Ready or Not?

"Life is better when you're laughing."~Maura

LUKE
____________________________

Everything was going as planned. I was so happy no one was against the idea of coming over to my house for the planning of our "next line of action."

Maybe it might sound inconsiderate of me but I actually brought up the idea of everyone coming over to mine for my own safety.

Well don't think am selfish, I had a good reason for doing so. Leaving the case of Mr. Dark, I really was afraid of the dark. Anything scary is not my thing and because of that I don't watch horror movies. Don't think am not brave because I am but "anything that we have to do in the night, count me out" That's what I always tell my friends but the seemed to believe I had overgrown it.

Shockingly, I hadn't and I want to keep that a secret for now.

The major reason I chose it to be in the night was because parents don't allow their children to leave the house anymore and most don't let their children sleep alone but it's already sorted out.

Their parents come to check on them before midnight so, by midnight everyone sneaks out to my place and come through my window, then I'd open it for them to come in.

That surely was an awesome plan!

I felt like a master planner. Well
hoped my plan would work.

I didn't have anything doing as at that period of time. It's not like I ever did ever since the goddamn incident occurred. The only thing on my mind was just our meeting tonight and how to identify Mr. Dark. I couldn't wait to see the look on his face when we finally discover who he really was and what he does with those he takes with him....

I smiled at my vivid imagination.

Just then, my door opened and Mary my elder sister entered.

"Can't you at least for once respect my privacy and knock before entering?" I said trying to act angry.

" Oh! look who needs some respect! The same person who took away my phone cord for three days and didn't even inform me even though we live together" She replied.

Then, I added in a low tone pretending to be absent minded "same house but not the same room."

"What's the difference? It's still under one roof. It's not like you go through a series of journeys to reach my room!"

"Your room is like two doors from mine and yes I go through series of journeys to get there and when I do, I'll have to knock for like half an hour before you notice that someone is at the door." I defended myself.

Still persisting,she added, "what happens when we come to the dining room to eat, why don't you remember to tell me?"

"Well about that, firstly, I don't forget things easily, so I do remember it every time we come to eat and secondly, As the gentleman I am, I don't think I should ever have a reason to disobey the etiquettes guiding the dining room, so I observe my table manners and if you can clearly remember, talking while eating is against the table manner. Therefore, with these p....." 

"So what happens after meal?" She interrupted me.

I quickly replied, "I go to my room!"

"You're so rude! I would never forget to lock my door properly whenever I leave my room ever again and pray I don't catch you with any of my properties again in your entire stay with me!" she shouted.

I also countered her statement saying," Easy, calm down lady, actually, you were in your room when I entered to take it but I guess you didn't notice"

"What the..."

"Yeah. So I guess you shouldn't only remember to lock your room when leaving the room but also when you're inside. And also, don't forget to add an extra lock from inside so I can find a new thing to work on. That door is already too easy for me to unlock. I need more obstacles please." I revealed feeling proud of my talent.

I think she thought about that for few minutes before she added "I've had enough of this rubbish!  Mom! Mom! Luke hacked my room door again" 

She left my room running to report my case to Mom.

Bum!! That was the sound of my door and unsurprisingly, it was Mary. "Did you forget something?" I asked mockingly.

Mary looked at me furiously, then replied looking more angrier than earlier, "can I have my phone cord please?"

This, I replied looking happy as she sounds defeated "sure thing ma'am. At your service" I held on to the cord with my  hands and bowed sarcastically as though am her servant.

"I'll get you some day!" She said snatching the phone cord away from me and left the room stamping her foot so hard on the floor as though it was the cause of her problem.

"See you then and I'm sure you never will, ever!"
I said standing as though I was Superman.

After a few minutes, noticing no one is there to watch me, I gave up and finally went and laid down.

Then, I slept off....

ANN
_____________________________

I was restless. All that was going on in my mind was the "What if" questions.

"What if my something possibly goes wrong on my way to Luke's house? What if my parents came to search for me and they don't find me? What if ........?"

I tried to get those questions off my mind but I couldn't then something, a question actually, struck my mind.

"Why can't the meeting hold in my house or Maya. I mean, we're ladies and they expect us to leave our home to theirs? In as much as I'm aware our homes aren't too far from each other, I still think it's isn't right. That's not how things are done!"

"Luke is giving me reasons to believe he's selfish and trying to play wise bu since no one objects, I will leave it like that. I just pray nothing happens." I concluded to myself.

This plan of a thing wasn't  a good idea to me. How does he expect us who aren't even part of any investigation team to turn detectives and take matters into our hands without given permission by the government to do so.

It's not like we've started studying criminology in school....

Well, I didn't put much thoughts to it since I believe that Majority has it all and also, it wouldn't be nice if I was the odd one out. I didn't also want to make it look like I don't want to help my city.

With these, I never objected to the plan.

Nevertheless, I didn't want to miss any of the fun at all!

————————————
Author's note

That's all for chapter three!
Hope you discovered a lot from this chapter?

The length and suspense keeps increasing as the chapter does!
The meeting will soon hold wait for  it!

Your votes and support will be appreciated dearly.
PS: You could also make others discover this book by telling them and adding it to your reading list.

Thank you for reading 💜