Chapter four: The D-day

MAYA
____________________________

The day was going quite well and that was because I found a new video game to try out.

I played it for long hours with my headphone on that I didn't notice that someone had been shouting my name all along. I only got to know when I noticed that the sound of the gunshots in my game was no longer heard from the headphone. It was then I heard her, My mom!

She was the one who removed the headphone from my ear.

"Lazy girl! I'm sure you've been on this all day. I think it's time I consider seizing all those games!" She voiced out angrily.

"Uhm, mum, w-w-welcome" I fidgeted and stammered.

"Oh You finally realized that am home after shouting your name for centuries without any reply? I had to come up to your room call you!"

She was really mad with me.

"Am sorry mom, I-I-I didn't hear you" I replied calmly.

"Well, that was because you have been wasting your day with these games of yours" she said, staring like she's about to devour me.

I really felt bad and annoyed that she called my gaming a waste of time. But what does she even expect me to be doing at home. Read? I can't even remember the last time I opened any of my books. It's not like we're going back to school anytime soon.

"So tell me, tell me why you didn't do what I asked you to do before leaving the house in the morning. Tell me!" She shouted once more at me.

I couldn't even recall her telling me anything before leaving. Can't even remember when she left!

"What was that again, p-p-please?" I asked shaking.

"Oh! She can't even remember what I told her before leaving. So you expect me to remind you?" She replied still angry.

"Sorry but I don't think I can remember you telling me something in the morning" I said calmly.

"So you've lost your memory or what?"

This annoyed me more. What does remembering something got to do with my memory? I think they relates though. But why tell me that?

"Well, since you can't remember, let me remind you. I told you to go over to Mr. Fred's to pick the books she left for me, then arrange them accordingly in the shelf "

It was then I recalled her telling me such a thing but I guess I didn't put much interest to it.

That was why I forgot!

" Uhm, sorry I-I-I think I forgot" I told her, trying hard not to look at her face.

"You think? You think you forgot? Well let me tell you what I think. I think it's because I allow you play those games of yours and even allow you to buy new ones and..."

"Please don't say the word, please"
That was all that was going through my mind until I heard her say the word.

"Im afraid, I won't be allowed to play those games anymore" she said

"Mom please, I promise to be good this time. Please don't do this to me" I cried hoping she would listen.

But she didn't.

"I would consider your apology if only you improve in your behavior and do what you're asked to do" She looked at me.

"But for now, I'll be seizing those games of yours. Pack everything and bring it to my room before eight o'clock otherwise you won't be having anything for dinner tonight" She concluded looking as proud of her action.