Chapter Eleven: Officer Max

Max

Entering the sitting room, I met Mary who doesn't look okay either. I thought she didn't even like Luke to that extent because she would always say anytime Luke did something she doesn't like which he always does that she's looking on to the day he'll leave home and never return.

Maybe that's just an an exaggeration because it seems now that she really misses him.

"Hello Mary, what's up?"

"I'm good. How about you?" Mary responded to my greetings.

"I'm fine. Thanks for asking. But I must say, you don't look okay to me." I said and the moment I noticed that she looked hurt through her facial expression, I went over to console her.

"I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I was just trying to......"

"I get it Max. You don't need to explain. I'm okay, alright? Don't worry about me." She concluded after interrupting my speech.

"Would you like some tea, Max?" Mrs. Smith questioned me.

"Sure. I'll be glad to." I replied trying to be as polite as I could.

She nodded then left to the kitchen.

"You know. Maya and I are working on something." I said drawing her attention to myself.

She looked at me, then I continued, "Well since the CCIA have done absolutely nothing about the case, sorry about that since your Dad is the new CIO currently."

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize for anything. He might be new CIO but it's true, nothing serious has been done about the case even though they claim to be 'working on it' and also, he's still new and doesn't know much about how things are run. So I think it's kind of true, they've done nothing.

So what where you saying again?" Maya said giving me a reassuring smile.

"Well as I was saying" I continued. "Maya and I are trying to investigate the matter carefully to know where they were being taken to actually."

"So, what then are you doing here?" She asked me with an amused expression.

"I'm here to find a way of going to your dad's office, taking photos of the cases' files and reporting back to Maya. All this are to be concluded by tomorrow." I told her as she heaved a sigh.

"I think I can help you with that." Maya said but I kicked against the idea.

"No no no. You might get caught at the process." I agitated.

"Is that all? Doo you even know my Ad as much as I do? My dad won't even allow you to go with him." She said.

"Let's try and see."

"Try and see what?" Asked Mrs. Smith who entered with a cup of tea without my notice.

"Well, it's it's just some uhm gaming test we we  want to try out." I said fidgeting a bit.

"Hmm I never knew you loved games." She said looking surprised at my response.

"I don't. Sorry I mean I didn't but ever  since the latest happening, I've become so bored that I'm beginning to love it." I replied, looking at Mary who gave a

me a nod for a 'lie well given.'

"Well here's your tea. Drink up before it gets cold." She handed the tea over to me before heading back to her room probably.