-15-

Cash lit a joint as the pair stood in the carpark, Daisy occupied organising her books on his backseat. "Want a hit Dais." She heard him inhale again as smoke lingered across her vision.

"Cant have to focus today Cashy." Daisy muttered quickly beginning to collect her books together, "Are you sure? All we have is that fuckin sex class and English or whatever." Cash watched as majority of the students in the carpark wandered in.

"Fuck it." Daisy was stressed, she could see it so could Cash. She brought the joint to her lips inhaling slowly, one hand wrapped around her books. "Shit." She mumbled in relief as she handed it back to Cash who took another hit before putting it out.

Daisy left Cash on his own as she walked into the school grounds, her wired headphones blasting TV girl. Her fingers flicked past the circling meme on her phone that had been shared over the weekend. She felt horrible for Malakai, he gets assaulted by a cop and some asshole turns it into a laugh.

...the most probbo kid in school." Amerie shut up as Daisy walked past the trio watching as she walked past. Daisy wasn't sure why they hadn't said hello, only assuming it was because of her and Cash's relationship.

"Dais." Cash caught up to her again strolling beside her matching her pace. "Eshay bah." She heard Spider and his friends mock as they walked past both teens sticking the finger up at the group, Spider's smirk irritated as ever.

It didn't take long for Woodsy's voice to invade her ears, the teenagers filling into the assembly.

"Good morning, everybody." Daisy winced once again at the echoing voice pressing her hands to her ears for a moment. She was sat beside Cash, two rows in front of her, Darren, Amerie and Quinnie. "So I have an announcement." Daisy could feel someone's eyes on her, knowing it was the blonde in the back row.

"It's really very thrilling. Hartley High has been selected to kick off the city of Sydney
Interschool Basketball Semifinals." Applause filtered through the hall Daisy too busy staring blankly out the windows.

"Which will garner some much-needed positive attention after the map debacle...

"Map b*tch!" Spider's voice shouted, Daisy scoffing quietly. God he could act like a dickhead.

"Put a sock in it, Spencer!" She scolded, continuing her speech which Daisy thought would never end, "It's actually a very big honor and we would like all of you to do your bit and help us clean up our school."

"Don't actual cleaners do that, Miss?" Ant called out, Cash leaning towards Daisy for a moment.

"I'm going on a date." Daisy smiled at his words, glancing towards Darren slightly.
She'd never been more proud of Cash.

"That's good Doug, I'm happy for you." She nudged him with her shoulder, her eyes glancing towards the blonde dickhead behind her for a moment.

...And, yes, the cleanup is compulsory. You will be handed out schedules in the first period." Daisy exhaled slightly, she needed to catch up on her subjects, "Thank you."

[RUBBISH CLEAN-UP]

Daisy could feel Cash's joint more now that she was standing. Her eyes shut for a moment as she exhaled again, she felt she had repeated the same two steps for the past 20 mins.

"Coopers." She turned her head viewing Spider, thankfully Cash distracted with Darren. "Whatcha doing?" He stepped closer, Daisy ignoring him as she turned back around picking up another piece of rubbish.

"What's it look like?" She huffed moving further away, Spider stepping closer.

"You're kidding right." Spider inhaled for a moment fairly close to the girl, "Don't tell me you're cooked." Suddenly he jolted forward cupping Daisy's face with his faces. The teen quickly retracted pulling his hands away from her as avoided his glare.

"Piss off Spider." She dropped her bag off rubbish to the ground rubbing her eyes self-consciously. She flinched for a moment as Spider grabbed her wrist, turning her back around to face him.

"I find you barely conscious a day ago and you're smoking?" He seems more concerned then disgusted, "I was worried about you Daisy and you pull this shit." He let go of her wrist scoffing as he turned around walking back towards his friends.

Daisy heard the bell ring as her hands dropped to her sides in disappointment. She couldn't help but feel guilty slinging her bag over her shoulder as she headed to SLT's, Cash trialling after her eventually.

[OUTSIDE GYM]

"Daisy?" Spider let his friends walk off as he stopped beside the girl sat outside. His gym bag hung over his shoulders and his face was slightly red sweat beaded along his brow.

"Hey." She startled herself awake pulling herself to her feet, "How was training." She ran her fingers through her hair tiredly.

"Fine, what are you doing here Coopers." He seemed confused at her sudden appearance, his brows furrowed as he wiped his face with the back of his hand.

"I.. I wanted to apologise." She exclaimed tightening her grip on her bag, "You're right, I'm just stressed with- with school and my dad and..

"What's wrong with your Dad?" He looked down at her, his eyes softening for a moment.

"Oh nothing, he's just a bit of dick sometimes." She deflected rubbing her palms together looking to the ground, "Would you want to study at mine tomorrow?"

"Yeah, yeah alright Dais, I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled jogging back up to his friends. Daisy smiled softly as she walked out of the school gates, how was she still head over heels for the annoying blonde. She didn't know.