-25-

Intertwining her fingers nervously she approached the older woman who seemed to eye Spider nervously before shifting her attention to Daisy, "Daisy! I thought Spencer had scared you off." Daisy rubbed her fingers together again plastering a small smile on her face.

"Hello Ms White." She greeted politely Spider moving beside her, "Lovely to see you again." She smelled like some sort of strong perfume, filling Daisy's nose.

"Oh drop the niceties Daisy call me Cait all Spencer's friends do." She wrapped a tight arm around the girl, a soft protest coming from Spencer as he avoided his mother's heated glare.

"Mum." Daisy was pulled back beside Spider and out of Cait's grip, "Daisy's my girlfriend." His hand rested softly on the small of her back. Daisy sent him a reassuring smile intertangling her fingers with his behind her back.

Suddenly a high pitched laugh came from Cait's mouth almost in disbelief, "You're serious!" The laugh chimed down, "Are you sure you want to date my son Daisy?" Daisy's brows conflicted, the rudeness of the woman unnatural.

"Of course I do, Spencer's my best mate." His fingers were cold against hers occasionally flinching at certain words.

"Okay just don't crying to me when he breaks your heart dear girl." With a squeeze of her shoulder the brunette wandered off to chat with another mother.

The couple remained in a silence for a moment as Daisy ran her mind over the words. Behind her clutching her fingers wearily Spencer dropped her hand taking a small step back.

"Your mum's a bitch." She swiveled around, her lazy expression providing some comfort to him.

"She is." He mumbled softly trying desperately to avoid her eyes. He didn't want her to see the thin line of tears that had coated his eyes.

"And you don't deserve to hear that." She leaned up to cup his cheek turning his face back to hers, "Want to go back to mine?" Nodding slowly she pressed a soft kiss to his lips. Clutching his hand again she led him out of the school grounds.

Offering to drive she took the offer and soon enough the pair resided in Daisy's room, "And this is another favorite at the moment." She pressed play on the song again.

"Lots of nothing.. Spacey Jane." Clapping his hands together she swore skipping to the next song.

"Miss your Birthday." She groaned loudly playfully hitting herself on the head again, it had been like this for almost an hour every song she'd play Spider naming it, "Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers." He winked as she fell back onto the bed.

"I need a break from living near the freeway." She sung standing to her feet again, "Don't take this wrong way, it's not to do with you." She pretended to shoot him with her fingers and he laughed.

"You're a decent singer smart girl, why don't you play with us tomorrow night." She was still busy miming the words into her hair brush, tossing random items at him as she went.

"What's tomorrow night?" She questioned in between words, only sitting as he reached a hand out yanking back onto the bed.

"Pub, Dusty got us a gig Dais." He smiled happily pulling the girl on top of him. Straddling his lap she brought her hands to his hair leaning down to join their lips passionately, "That's a yes then?" She kissed him again leaving his cheeks flushed, his heart hammering against her palms.

"I'll be there I guess." She went to move off him held still with her hands.

"You guess? What, have another boy to toy with Coopers." She held a teasing smirk finally wiggling out of his grip to skip the song.

"I'm sorry Spencer you are simply too annoying to be my boyfriend." She sighed dramatically tossing another of her belongings at him which he dodged.

"What a shame, just when I got tickets to Hockey Dad next week." He went to stand stopped with a shove at his chest.

"No fucking way Spencer."