XVII. THE BATTLE OF TETH

SMOOTH CRIMINAL — MICHAEL JACKSON

I'M A MANIPULATIVE LIAR MYSELF, AND I KNOW ONE WHEN I SEE ONE

❝I'M A MANIPULATIVE LIAR MYSELF, AND I KNOW ONE WHEN I SEE ONE❞

𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐄𝐓𝐇

𝚃𝙴𝚃𝙷
𝟐𝟐 𝐁𝐁𝐘

𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 and a Jedi General meant many things in the Republic, from fighting in war to being sent on a mission like right now.

With a tight grip of her hand, Bella held onto the handle bar above her as the cruiser she was standing in lurked from side to side, the hood of her white Jedi attire covering her head.

"All right, Bella, Anakin, here's the story" said a hologram of Obi-Wan Kenobi. "Jabba has given us only one planetary rotation to get his son back home to Tatooine safe and sound"

"Won't take us that long, Master" Anakin replied.

Bella sarcastically glanced at her husband, "Don't jinx the mission now, Skywalker"

"Well, take extreme care. We have no idea who's holding Jabba's son. When I've finished negotiations with him, I will join you two" Obi-Wan ended the transmission, his hologram glitched away and disappeared.

Turning his attention over to Bella who stood close to his left, Anakin's blue eyes forbiddingly yet lovingly wandered over her stunning, youthful face which held a voided expression.

Despite her seriousness, Bella hid a bashful smile by biting her lower lip as she felt her lover's affectionate stare on herself.

After a moment, Anakin gazed down at Ahsoka and the Tano padawan raised her head to look up at her master.

"Stay close to me, if you can" Anakin told his young apprentice.

"It won't be a problem, Master" Ahsoka responded.

"This isn't practice, Ahsoka"

"I know, and I'll try not to get you or Master Trueblood killed" Ahsoka says as she looks between Skywalker and Trueblood.

Bella broke her void expression and smiled slightly at the teenager. "Happy to know you have my back too, kid"

"Of course I do" Ahsoka returned a smile. "After all, us girls must stick together like glue"

The cruiser suddenly rumbled and shook from the gunfire happening outside.

"Generals! We're taking heavy fire!" The clone pilot spoke loudly.

"Close the blast shields, Lieutenant!" Bella quickly commands.

"And get us under those guns!" Anakin added.