XIX. PREGNANT

ANAKIN'S DREAM — JOHN WILLIAMS

ANI, I'M PREGNANT

𝐗𝐈𝐗 | 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐓

𝐗𝐈𝐗 | 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐓

𝚂𝙴𝙽𝙰𝚃𝙴 𝙱𝚄𝙸𝙻𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶, 𝙲𝙾𝚁𝚄𝚂𝙲𝙰𝙽𝚃
𝟏𝟗 𝐁𝐁𝐘

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐑 stretching up into the afternoon daylight that leaked through the vaulted roof of transparisteel over the Atrium of the Senate Office Building, Bella Trueblood watched a group of senators clustering in through the archway from Chancellor Palpatine's landing platform.

The Jedi Knight spotted the Chancellor himself—she silently rolled her eyes at the sight of the suspicious old man—and then she saw her personal protocol droid, C-3PO, waddling beside R2-D2!

So her husband could not be far behind.

Placing a gentle hand on her womb, Bella breathed in and out to soothe her nerves.

Today, here in the hallway of the Senate Office Building, Bella Trueblood brings Anakin Skywalker wonderful news of a gift they have given each other—a gift of joy, and of terror.

By the time Bella had discovered the truth behind her late period, stomachaches, and morning sicknesses, Anakin had already been sent off to the Outer Rim and she wanted to tell him in person, not over a hologram because she knew that the news would distract him.

She is more, now, than the wife of Anakin Skywalker.

Bella Trueblood is the mother of Anakin Skywalker's unborn child.

Bella so badly wanted to rejoice in the news of her and Anakin expecting a child because she has longed to be a mother, but she dedicated her life to the Jedi Order, as did her lover.

If the council ever found out she was pregnant, the Jedi would be so disappointed in her and to make matters worse, the father is another Jedi, her secret husband of three years now.

Bella remembered the morning she found out vividly—it was early in the morning after Anakin left, after a long night of physical love and deep passion.

Trueblood was getting ready for a mission that she was supposed to go on with Mace Windu and the 104th Battalion, the clone legion that she led alongside Commander Wolffe, the Wolfpack.

But after eating a strange breakfast that she never prepared before a day in her life, she started feeling sick and threw up her food.

When the medical droid tested her condition and broke the news of her pregnancy, the brunette was happy, but her beautiful smile instantly faded to panic.