𝟢𝟥 | 𝖯𝗈𝖾𝗍𝗂𝖼

❝𝙼𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞

❝𝙼𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"What the fuck do you mean we can't fly back? Is there something wrong with the plane?"

I have just been informed that I won't be able to fly back to Chicago until further notice.

"I apologize, sir," the pilot says, removing his hat. "But there has been a slight delay."

My eyes close and then open. "What kind of delay?" I ask doing my best to not show how annoyed I am at the news.

"Weather," he answers. "A bad storm will be hitting France within the next three hours."

"So why can't we take off before the storm hits?"

"That simply won't be possible, sir. It may sound like a good idea but we will be flying in the direction the storm is coming in from."

"And why not?"

"Because it's not safe. Plus your sister gave me orders to stay in France and wait out the storm."

"Give me one moment," I say and walk further into the jet and to the private bedroom. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot the portraits I picked up from Andre's store. They are sitting comfortably against the wall.

Taking a seat on the bed, I search for my sister's name and call her. She answers within the first three rings.

Alessandra's chuckles die down as she begins to speak. "Hey, Dominic. What's wrong?"

"The pilot just told me that you gave him an order to not leave France until the storm has passed. Care to explain why you did that?" I ask cutting straight to the chase.

"I'm pretty sure he told you why I gave him that order," Alessandra says. "I got word that there was a bad storm coming in and I made the safest decision for you and my men."

"And that was to keep us in France?"

She scoffs. "Well, forgive me for caring about you and my men. I'm not letting the pilot fly you back until it's safe so don't try convincing me otherwise."