𝟦𝟥 | 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗀𝗂𝗏𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖥𝗈𝗋𝗀𝖾𝗍

❝𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠

❝𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Pancreatic cancer?" I repeat only for the doctor to nod

"Pancreatic cancer?" I repeat only for the doctor to nod. "No." I shake my head. "No, you're lying to me."

"I'm afraid that I'm not."

"My grand-père would never keep something like that from me. He just wouldn't."

Right?

"Come with me. Let us speak in my office."

Dominic takes my hand without me needing to ask and walks behind me as I follow the doctor.

"Have a seat while I search for your grand-père's medical files," he adds and types away on his desktop.

I glance at his nameplate.

Dr. Jeanne Sinclair, M.D., Ph.D.

Oncologist.

Dr. Sinclair's degrees are framed on the wall behind him.

A bachelor's degree in Medicine.

His medical degree and his Doctor of Philosophy degree.

Goddamn. This man is smart.

"Are you my grand-père's doctor?"

"For as long as he'll let me," he responds. "Ah, here we are." Dr. Sinclair turns his screen toward me and Dominic. He also slides a binder to me. "Before I begin, know that this is going to be hard to hear. From what I've gathered, Andre hasn't kept you up to date with his health. Let me know if at any point you want me to stop so you can take a moment."

I nod.

"Andre came to me two years ago with symptoms. I ran a few tests on him and some days later I diagnosed him with stage four pancreatic cancer. Because the cancer was caught so late, we predicted he would live for only a year."