𝟤𝟧 | 𝖶𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖨𝖿

❝𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚕𝚢, 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢

❝𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚕𝚢, 𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I silently curse as the screen begins to lag once I join the video call with those who were sent to France

I silently curse as the screen begins to lag once I join the video call with those who were sent to France. We all try to hop on a call once a week to check in on how things are going in our region.

I couldn't join last week because I was out of the country. I told them those exact words and they didn't ask any further questions. Not that they could anyway.

"So to summarize none of us have found any leads and we don't know how what to do moving forward," one person says.

I recognize him as the man who was the first to volunteer for this mission. I learned that he's originally from the region he's staying in and has family to whom he sends money regularly. It makes sense why he chose to volunteer for that region when Alessandra asked.

"What if Veronica isn't even in France?" another asks.

No, she's still in France. Alessandra has been working with the French Mafia to monitor the airports, planes, and private jets that go in and out of the country.

Unless Veronica took a train and drove out of the country. Still, we would know.

I keep quiet as I scribble random things down on my notepad. Ideas. Anything.

I normally have good handwriting but right now it's nowhere legible. I can still read it. However, if I were to show it to someone else they wouldn't be able to make out a single word.

It won't make sense to anyone but me.

"Think about it though," a different man adds. "She may have already fled the country. We're going on month three without having any sighting of her."

No sightings of Veronica in two months.

How is that possible if we have someone in every region? Some regions have more than one person.