Chapter Three

The animals were extremely unhappy as they pulled them into the cargo bay and closed the doors.

"Fitz, assess the... sleigh?" Coulson told him. "Simmons, assess the... Santa... what the hell is going on", he muttered. "Alex, Skye, sort out the reindeer".

They both looked at each other with wide eyes. Before Coulson could walk away, Skye found her voice.

"Uhhh, Sir? What do you mean sort them out? Where are we meant to put them?"

"I don't know, just make sure they don't break anything".

As he said it, one of the animals tried jumping over a box but caught its foot. The stack of boxes fell to the floor with a crash as the rest of the room watched in silence.

"Pick it up!" Coulson shouted as he started to leave. "Simmons, tell me when you've got the results on white beard here".

He walked away and into his office, shutting the door. His eyes drew themselves to his desk draw where a very small but important file sat. The weight of it filled his mind as he stepped closer and picked it out.

A huge classified sticker covered the front. Alongside small writing that read, 'the death of agent Coulson'.

***

"Put him on the bed", Simmons instructed Ward as he heaved the strange man up.

He lay motionless, and due to his large stomach and red coat, neither of them felt very threatened. Ward stepped back and let her work as Simmons attached vital monitors onto the mans chest and head.

After a moment the small machine started beeping slowly but constant.

"Breathings a little slow but fine for the most part", she observed. "Lets see why he's still unconscious".

She grabbed a small device from the desk and began scanning him. Small rays of light ran over every inch of his skin until it was pulled away with a beep.

"Hmm", she frowned.

"What is it?" Ward asked from behind.

Simmons ignored him for the most part, scanning the man again and even shining a light into his pupils by hand.

"I don't know why he's unconscious", she concluded.

"What do you mean, you don't know?"

"I mean, nothing is showing up on the scans. He seems fine".

"Well he's clearly not".

Simmons bit her cheek as she decided what to do next. But the man shifted.

Ward ran forward and shoved her out the way as he put a hand to his weapon.

The man in the bed groaned and lifted a hand to his head as his eyes tried to open.

"Don't move", Ward warned him. "Whats your name?"

The man looked over at him confused before looking around in a small panic.

"Where am i? Where are my reindeer? BLITZEN?" He shouts.

"Sir, calm down", Ward told him again. "Where did you come from?"

"The-the North Pole", he replied. "Oh, my wife must be really worried. I need to leave".

He tries standing up but his eyes go cloudy as he falls back down to the bed. Ward must think he isnt a threat as he puts the gun back in its holster and walks closer.