Chapter Twelve

"Ah", Alex mumbled as he held a hand to his head.

"Alex? Alex?" He heard someone say before a hand shook his shoulder. "Alex!"

"Huh?"

He opened his eyes to see Skye standing over him.

"Oh thank god", she whispered. "Alex, are you hurt?"

He moved his arms and legs, and although sore, he was pretty sure everything was fine.

"Are you hurt?" He asked and placed a hand on her cheek.

"No, no I'm okay", she smiled.

"What about the reindeer?!" He suddenly realised.

"They're okay", she quickly interjected. "They're all fine. Their harnesses unclipped so we'll need to collect them again but they're all fine".

She helped him sit up and he looked around whilst rubbing his head.

"Why did we crash?"

"I don't know, the torch flickered and everything started going bumpy. The reindeer seemed to know what was going on, they started making noises. And then we just fell. I couldn't hear what the team were saying through the comms".

"I bet it was Ward".

"He knew he shouldn't say that though".

Alex gave her a look and she bit her lip.

"Alright it might have been, but we shouldn't blame him yet".

"I will", Alex muttered.

She sat next to him and sighed before looking over and asking casually.

"Why do you hate him so much anyway?"

"I don't hate him".

"Yes, you do. We all know you do. And we all know he doesn't like you too much either".

Alex shrugged and his head reeled for an answer. What could he say? Certainly not the truth. He couldn't tell her he knew the reason he was on the naughty list.

"I don't know. Too much testosterone?"

That made her laugh and she gave him a playful shove before looking at his forehead with interest.

"What are you looking at...?" He asked and looked around.

"Your hair", she muttered and reached a hand up to touch.

"What about my hair?"

She didn't say anything for a moment and he didn't know if he should be worried or not.

"Its white?"

"What!" He shouted and flew a hand to where she was touching. "What do you mean white? Im Asian, my hair is dark!"

"You can still have white hair!" She chuckled. "But I just mean this bit. Theres one piece of white at the front of your hair that wasn't there yesterday".

She looked around before finding a loose piece of metal and held it up. It took a moment to find the right angle but he eventually saw his reflection. And she was right.

At the front of his hair, he now had a patch of pure white. It looked strange amongst the dark hair and it certainly wasn't there yesterday.

Skye reached forward and started rubbing at it to try and get it off.