Chapter Thirteen

"Almost got it", Alex muttered as Skye leant over him to hold the reins.

"Alex why don't we just swap places".

"That would've been a good idea if we thought of it before. Im almost done... at yes! Done!" He shouted and grabbed the reins back.

The crackling came over the comms again and the teams voices filled their ears.

"Oh good. Its so nice to hear you again", Skye sighed.

"Alright guys, you now have half an hour before sunrise", Simmons told them. "You only have enough time for roughly twenty seconds in each house".

Alex looked at skye and grimaced.

The best time he's had this evening is eleven seconds but he isnt sure he can do that for half an hour and hundreds of houses.

"We're here to help you", Coulson said after sensing the tension.

"Listen to me Alex", Santa said. "I knew you could do it. You've got the magic in your blood. And you have the best helper you could wish for sat right beside you".

He smiled to Skye and nodded.

"Okay, lets do this. Lets save christmas".

They zoomed through the skye and landed carefully on top of each house and Alex sprinted in with the sac. His landings were well prepared now and he only landed on his face a handful of times, all of which he will never tell anyone about.

His legs burned with the exercise and each time he got back to the sleigh he was more and more out of breath. He just wanted to lay down and go to sleep.

But once they got to the next house, he jumped back out without a second thought.

"I cant do this anymore", he groaned.

"Here, move over", Skye told him and took control of the reins.

"Do you know how to do that?" He asked worriedly.

"I do now", she shrugged. "I can feel it".

"You can feel it too?!"

"Since we fixed the sleigh. "I drive, you deliver presents".

"Okay", he nodded with a smile. "Where next Simmons?"

"The house just ahead and to the left. Work youre way around the cul de sac from there".

"Got it".

"Now I really am gonna die", he said a few minutes later. "I've never done so much cardio".

"Keep going alex", coulson shouted through. "If you do this, ill give you two days off training".

"What!" Skye shouted. "I want two days off".

"No", Ward shouts from the back.

"We'll make him give you time off", Alex promised her. "Afterall, he nearly killed us!"

"I was drugged!"

They both laughed and flew over a Forrest to the last batch of houses.

"What do you think Santa will get you for Christmas?"

"I thought it was only children that got presents from Santa?" Skye looked at him funny.

"No, simmons mom got a present, remember? Plus we helped save Christmas, I have a feeling we've got presents".

"Hmmm, im not sure. I don't know if ive ever written a list for Santa".