No Moms In The Kitchen

"Mama. Mama." Pomni let out a soft groan, feeling tiny hands pressing against her face. "Mama. Mama."

A tiny little voice kept calling out to her, sweet and innocent, drawing her further away from her much-needed simulated sleep.

"Mama."

"Ma... ma."

Pomni finally cracked open one eye, looking towards the source of her disturbance.

Two large pairs of eyes stared back at her. One belonging to a small white rabbit and the other belonging to a small being who looked closely similar to her.

Her twin daughters.

Emily and Emma.

It had been a surprise to everyone when Pomni found out she was pregnant, and a little concerning since it shouldn't have been possible. However, thanks to a certain glitch Jax found, Pomni wound up with a little surprise in her.

"Girls." Pomni let out a yawn, stretching in bed. "What is it?" She reached for her kids, pulling them into a hug and smiling as Emma giggled and wrapped her arms around her while Emily nuzzled her face against her chest.

Pomni wasn't usually one for physical contact, yet her children were a sole exception to that. She felt warm and happy as she cradled these small beings, feeling that everything might not be so bad in this digital world.

"Mama!" Emma spoke up, pulling away and looking at Pomni with her red and yellow pinwheel eyes. "Hungry!"

Pomni blinked. "Hungry?"

"Hungry!" Emma repeated, bouncing on the bed. "Hungry hungry hungry!"

"Hungy..." Emily quietly chimed, cuddling closer against Pomni.

"How in the world are you two hungry?" Pomni asked as she sat up. She looked over at the clock on the nightstand, almost dropping her jaw when she saw the time. "Midnight? Why are you two up this late?"

"Hungry!"

"Hungy..."

Pomni shook her head, not understanding her two daughters. The Digital Circus must have rubbed off on them in some way if they were up this late, and knowing how they could get when they wanted something, Pomni figured it'd be best to deal with it now before one of them wandered off. Again.

"Alright." Pushing the covers off with a sigh, Pomni swung her legs over the bed. "I think the kitchen is nearby. Maybe a midnight snack wouldn't hurt before breakfast."

"Yay!" Emma cheered as Pomni helped her off the bed, making sure her daughter didn't hurt herself. Emma was a bit more adventurous and outgoing than Emily, who stayed close to Pomni and was unwilling to part from her mother's side without her twin. "Pancakes! Pancakes!"

"Cakes." Emily mumbled into Pomni's shoulder as the older woman tried to shush Emma.

"Emma. Not so loud sweetie." Pomni said as she adjusted her hold on Emily, making sure to keep Emma in her sight as she opened the door. The toddler waddled out with a happy glee, making Pomni nervous that she was going to trip.

Her eyes landed on the door across from her room, frowning at the picture of the grinning rabbit depicted on the door. Should she wake him? No, probably not.

Jax wasn't very hands-on with the girls as she was, and he probably wouldn't like it if she woke him up to get food for the girls.

"Pancakes!"

"Shh! Emma, quiet time." Pomni said as she held her daughter's hand and led the pair to the kitchen.

Normally, she wasn't allowed in there without someone accompanying her, but just for tonight, she could ignore the rule. Besides, she wouldn't be in there long! It would be a quick in and out.

What's the worst that could happen?

🎪

When Pomni said she couldn't cook, he thought she was joking.

Turns out, she couldn't even make something as simple as a cheese sandwich. And after an incident involving a chicken, apple pie, and stupidly enough a teaspoon of milk, Pomni was banned from entering any of the kitchen areas of the Tent by herself.

Not even with the kids.

Jax stared at the mayhem that had once been the kitchen, watching blankly as NPCs ran around screaming their heads off as fire blazed within the room. Items glitched and the floor shifted through colors, schemes, and patterns within seconds while one fridge was spinning in the air, clipping through the wall and somehow spewing out electricity once in a while.

He turned his focus on the three culprits, wondering how these three could cause such chaos and not even invite him to join in on the fun.

"So..." Placing a hand on his hip and putting on his signature grin. "What'd we learn?" He gave a teasing grin to the jester, who looked away as her blush marks grew darker.

"That... dropping a hand mixer into batter isn't a good idea?" Pomni tried, forcing a half smile on her face as she dragged one foot across the floor.

"And mommy's a terrible cook!" Emma said with a smile despite the soot that covered her body and a small flame burning in her hair.

"Mommy no cook..." Emily agreed, hugging her teddy tightly in her arms.

The look of betrayal on Pomni's face was priceless.