NPCs Favorite

Emily was a cautious child.

It was easy to see how easily spooked she could get and drive her to tears without Emma there to calm her twin down. Even with her twin, Emily was still a shy little girl.

She didn't do well around new faces. She never wanted to be far from Pomni or her sister. And she'd rather do calm safe activities than join in on the adventures.

This made her the favorite twin among the trapped humans who liked her soft personality and cute demeanor. Ragatha loved playing tea parties with her. Gangle enjoyed making art with the young girl. Zooble was more or less indifferent to both twins, but they let Emily help them pick out which limb to go with once in a while. And Kinger, when he could remember the twins, always loved to talk about bug facts with her while they both hid out in his impenetrable fortress.

Even Bubble was caught carrying Emily in his teeth more than once, much to the dismay of Pomni whenever he floated off with her youngest child crying in his maw.

But it wasn't just Bubble who developed a sort of odd attachment to Emily.

More than once everyone caught sight of the young rabbit girl being carried off by a random NPC. From Gloniks to mannequins to fish people and even a rapping deer who was supposed to be the final boss but left its post. Emily was scooped up and carried off in arms, tentacles, antlers, and teeth. Much to Pomni's grief.

The poor woman was at her wit's end at this point.

Everyone kept a clear distance from her that day when the opening theme song played. The jester was... not looking so good.

There was a notable twitch in her body. Her wide eyes had a look that nobody could describe, darting constantly towards the twins' playpen where the girls were playing with their toys in bliss.

Everyone could see that Pomni wasn't doing well. Except for Caine that is. It was clear that she was close to snapping, though they didn't know if she was about to Abstract or deliver a world of hurt to someone.

Their answer came quickly when a long, large, colorful, dog-like bug crawled down from the ceiling and made its way towards the playpen. Pomni zeroed in on the approaching creature, her pinwheel eyes shrinking into pinpoints as it got closer to her kids.

Emma was the first to see the approaching bug-dog, stopping her playing and shot the creature a glare. She knew immediately what it wanted as it came up behind her twin, and always hated it when someone stole her sister.

Emily blinked in confusion at her sister's face, then tense up as a shadow fell on her. Slowly the young rabbit peeked over her shoulder, finding a large dog face panting down at her. Emily had only time to blink before the creature licked her with its massive tongue, too frozen in shock and disgust to do anything as it reached in and plucked her out of the playpen.

Emma shouted in protest as her sister was taken out, waving her fists in the air and tried to climb out after the NPC as it turned and started to walk off with her twin.

It was only able to make about a foot or two away from the playpen when a red and blue blur rammed into it, forcing it to drop Emma from its maw.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY DAUGHTER!" Pomni screamed as she scuffled with the NPC.

Emily shivered on the floor, in too much shock from everything that happened in a short amount of time, and wanted nothing more than to go back to her crib and curl up underneath the blankets. She didn't react much when another shadow fell over her, letting out a squeak of surprise as Jax scooped up his daughter from the floor with a laugh.

"Looks like we're adding a new rule to the list." He snickered, causally placing his daughter back with her twin in the playpen as Pomni instigated terror in humans and NPCs alike in the Digital Circus.