Off-Limits

It had officially been a few months since the newest trapped human arrived.

A gray foxhound in a dark sweater and green trousers going by the name Furton.

At first, he was shy and a little reserved, but after a week he showed his true mischievous side and joined forces with Jax to play pranks on everyone, much to their grievance.

The two stuck together as thick as thieves, causing chaos wherever they went, and enjoyed making everyone miserable.

"Man, that was a riot!" Furton said, his tail wagging in delight. He and Jax had pulled off another successful prank on Zooble, Ragatha, and Kinger, and the pair were hiding out on one of the large cubes. "Aside from all the adventures, this place is a real hoot!"

"You said it bud." Jax agreed, grinning ear to ear. "And it's only going to get better from here on out. If you catch my drift."

"Wouldn't have it any other way!" Furton said, bumping his fist with Jax's. "I've already got a list of new pranks we can pull for tomorrow! Everyone is going to be in for a real shock!"

"Oh really? Everyone? Does that include me as well?"

"Maaaaybe." Furton said with a smirk.

"Ouch. And here I thought we were friends."

"I'm kidding! Possibly." Furton snorted. "Na, you're just about the only person I don't want to prank. Along with one other."

One of Jax's ears twitched. "One other?" He looked at Furton. "There's someone you don't want to have fun with?"

"Well... not quite." Furton ducked his head, smiling sheepishly as he scratched his chin. "I uh... I have a confession to make. I... I... k-kinda fancy someone."

Jax sat up, eyes going wide. "Fancy–? You like someone?"

"SHH! Not so loud! She might hear you!"

"OOOOO-O-O-O-Oh! Now this is getting interesting! Who's the lucky girl?"

"I... I can't say."

"Come on, Fur. You can't leave me hanging! Let me guess. It's Ragatha. You've been pranking her a lot these past few weeks. Wouldn't surprise me if you were trying to get her attention that way."

"Ragatha? Oh god no. She's like an annoying older sister. Plus, I think she's more into girls."

"Okay, fair. Is it... Gangle? You two hang out when you're not mercilessly pranking her."

"Gangle's nice to hang out with, buut no. Heh. She's just a good friend."

"... Zooble?"

"GOD! *#&$ NO! I can hardly stand them!"

"Fair point." Jax shrugged, tapping his chin. "So it's not those three... are you fancying an NPC? Because let me tell you, that's going to end fairly quickly before it begins."

"She's not an NPC. She's... special." Furton ducked his head, his tail wagging like a fan as Jax looked at him oddly.

"Well if she's not an NCP and she's not the people I've listed, then who..." Jax trailed off, his eyes widening slowly as he connected the dots. "... her? You fancy... her?"

"Figured it out?" Furton chuckled, sighing dreamily. "It's strange. I didn't think I would feel this way towards anyone, but the more I spent time with her, the more and more I felt attached to her. She wasn't much at first glance, but over time, she started to become... more, you know?"

The foxhound smiled, oblivious to the glaring look that was growing on Jax's face.

"Her eyes. Her costume. Her personality. Who wouldn't fall for a girl like that? I've been trying to get her attention for a few weeks now. Doing simple gestures and leaving small gifts at her door here and there. Heck, just a few days ago, I saw her wearing the bracelet I made for her!" Furton's tail thumped hard on the cube. "I was so happy! A-and she seemed to like it too! I, I wanted to tell her right then about the gifts, b-but the timing wasn't right, you know? B-But I'm gonna tell her. Tomorrow!"