Bonding With Dad

Pomni wasn't sure what she was more disappointed with.

In today's adventure. Believing things would go smoothly this morning. Or the fact that she fully believed nothing would go wrong with the twins under Jax's care.

Honestly, she should have thought twice about that last one.

Jax wasn't nearly as hands-on with the girls as she was. In fact, he left most of child-rearing to her. He didn't hate the twins. God knows he would never admit that he shed tears when he held them for the first time, but she wished he would get more involved with them.

So Pomni stupidly believed that Jax was starting to mature when he offered to watch the twins this morning. She idiotically didn't think twice about it as she handed her daughters over to their father, thanking Jax over and over again while being foolish enough to believe the smirk on his face was just a smirk and nothing more.

Oh how she wished she knew better.

And the smug look on Jax's face told her that he knew it too.

"... should I even ask?"

"About what?" Jax asked, acting like he didn't see the giant mess he was standing in.

Pomni debated if she really wanted to point out the globs of multi-colored goop that covered the walls and clinging on to his fur and how both the twins with covered head to toe in the stuff. And that it was dripping out of every room in the hallway. The very rooms that belonged to the other trapped humans here.

Zooble was probably going to kill Jax later for this.

And she didn't even want to know how they managed to pull this off.

"When you said you wanted some bonding time, I thought you were going to do some fun activities together."

"Oh we did!" Jax's grin grew impossibly big, smiling down at the twins. "Didn't we girls?"

"Yes!" Emma immediately chirped while Emily shook like a leaf.

"See? Bonding!"

"I'm so disappointed in you I can't even get myself angry." Pomni sighed.

"Well look on the bright side. You keep saying you wanted me to spend more time with the girls, and that's what I did!"

"I meant that I wanted you to spend time with the girls as in playing with them not teaching them to pull pranks!"

"You should have been more specific then."

"I WAS CLEARLY SPECIFIC!"

Jax's smile grew as Pomni ranted about child responsibility while Emma tried to get her sister to play in the goop with her.