Drawing For Fun

It was no secret that Gangle loved the twins.

When she first learned about Pomni's pregnancy, she was the first to quickly get over the shock and get excited over the idea of a baby in the Digital Circus. Even if she knew who the father was, it didn't stop Gangle from cooing over the twins when they arrived.

She was even the one who came up with their names! Eee~!

Still, Gangle knew that she had to be careful around the twins. As much as they were sweet and kind now, Jax was still their father, and he still was a bad influence on young impressionable minds.

Especially on Emma. Oh sure, she looked like a mini version of her mother. From her skin tone, hair, and pinwheel eyes, but it was easy to tell the two apart. Pomni had more of a red and blue color scheme with highlights of yellow mixed in, but Emma had more of a bright yellow and red color scheme with hardly any blue on her. Even her pinwheel eyes were red and yellow.

It was also easy to tell the two apart since Emma was more outgoing and headstrong than her mother Pomni, with a large mischievous streak that rivaled Jax. Everyone had been surprised when Emma displayed more of her father's personality than her mother's.

No, all that anxiety and fear seemed to have gone to Emily.

The younger twin was a rabbit like her father, but that's mostly where the similarities stopped. Her fur was a bright white, just like her mother's skin, with a small patch of black on the back of her head in the shape of a heart. Oddly enough, she had heterochromia, like Caine, and it seemed to affect her sclera as well. One eye was red with blue sclera, while the other was blue with red sclera.

Caine had been ecstatic when he saw that Emily had different eye colors like him, though the feeling was mixed with everyone else.

Didn't make her any less cute, and Gangle was enamored by her and her sister.

There were countless times she asked Pomni to hold one of the twins, cooing and playing with them for hours, teaching them colors and how to draw. And what artists they were! Sure the pictures they made were the handy work of young children, but Gangle could see how much love and care they put into their work.

It was even sweet when they made a family picture for their mother. Pomni was a bit of a crier, but the rivers that came out of her eyes was so touching. Pomni still had their artwork hung up in her room on proud display.

And it wasn't just Pomni the girls made artwork for. Everyone got a drawing at some point.

They drew pictures for Ragatha. Made bugs for Kinger. They even did a few drawings for Caine and Bubble. Emma didn't give Zooble any of her drawings, but Emily made sure that the mix-and-match had something.

They could deny it all they wanted, but Gangle knew that they kept the drawings safe in their room, appreciating the small gift whenever they felt down.

And as for her?

"Ribbon! Ribbon!"

"Ribbon..."

"Yes?" Gangle looked up from her current art doddle, seeing the girls hiding something behind their backs.

Emma had a big smile as she presented what they were hiding, holding it out for Gangle to take.

Gangle nearly squealed when she saw it was a drawing of everyone in the circus, with hearts and stars drawn all around them. "Aww! Did you two make this? It's so cute!" She praised, taking the picture.

"Like?"

"I love it!" Gangle hugged the picture to her chest. "I'm gonna hang it up in my room forever!" The girls let out a cheer as Gangle examined their work.

It wasn't a masterpiece, but to Gangle, it was a true treasure.

Something to motivate her in the morning for a new day of horrors. Something to smile and remember there was still a bit of hope when she was down. Something to look back on fondly over the years as the twins grew older and things changed around in the circus.

The picture would remain on her wall, even after the room's occupant was long gone.