Exploring

Emma loved to explore.

Ever since she learned how to walk, the toddler loved to wander off. It was a nightmare. For Pomni and everyone else.

Having a small child wandering around the circus was a surefire way to end badly. It didn't help that Emma somehow managed to get herself in places that should have been impossible. Especially when Pomni had those places blocked off after pestering Caine to do so.

The mini jester usually found herself in places she shouldn't be. Places that seemed fun for the young girl while everyone else thought she was going to lose her head. Even Caine questioned how Emma managed to herself in places he blocked off.

He was sure he took away all possible routes and paths to those places, so it stumped the AI how the young toddler managed to get there.

Not even his all-seeing eyes were able to keep track of where the toddler went, much to his frustration when she managed to disappear and reappear in different places when the ringleader swore he had his disembodied eyes on her the whole time.

It frustrated Caine to no end when Emma got to his unfinished work, exploring the whole thing when it wasn't fully finished yet. He had a nice chat with Pomni about that, which oddly made the jester cry for some odd reason. After that, Emma had been put on a leash.

Now Caine didn't understand children. Even though he was programmed for children since this was a family-friendly place, all he ever encountered were adults, and only had basic programming of children's entertainment for five to twelve year olds, so he had no clue as to why Pomni was so insistent that Emma wasn't allowed to roam around the Circus.

In fact, he didn't understand why everyone kept insisting the places Emma got herself into should be closed off or deleted permanently because it wasn't 'child-friendly'.

Not child-friendly? Why, that was an insult to his craft! And while he wasn't a hundred percent sure if it applied to the twins, his deeply rooted code told him that exploring was a great stimulation for young minds! Pomni was a prime example with how often she went exploring around the whole Digital Circus! He was impressed that she only managed to find half of the hidden places he had around here while Emma managed to double that.

Caine wished he could say that he was entirely irked to the point of barring all the hidden places so the young girl could never find or get in, but in all honesty, he was more impressed than angry with the mini jester's incredible capability of getting into places he never expected her too.

Plus, who was he to deny such a curious mind from exploring? Pomni would surely thank him later for snapping away the leash and allowing the young girl to wander off on her own.

Now if only her sister would follow her town's example instead of clinging to her mother's side twenty-four seven.