Book King

"What are you doing?"

"AAAAH! Oh! Zooble! You startled me."

"What are you doing?"

"... reading a book?"

"I can see that." Zooble narrowed their eyes at Kinger, staring at the crazy chess piece as if he lost more marbles than he realized. "Why are you reading it upside down?"

"Huh?" Kinger turned his gaze on the book, blinking a bit before quietly exclaiming and twisting his hands around to righten the book. "That explains why I couldn't read it." He chuckled as Zooble rolled their eyes.

It was then that they got a good look at the cover of the book, making them frown more with their eyes. "... is that one of Gangle's storybooks she made for the twins?"

"... Huh? Oh! So it is!"

"Why do you... nevermind." Zooble shook their head, figuring it was best not to question what Kinger did for the sake of their sanity. "Are the twins around?" They asked instead. "Pomni left me in charge of them and they kinda wandered off."

"You Lost The Twins?!" Kinger screamed, holding his head in shock.

"I didn't lose them." Zooble narrowed their eyes while crossing their limbs. "They just wandered off somewhere."

"Oh." Kinger immediately calmed down, having a far away look in his gaze before blinking. "Well, I hope you manage to find them soon before Pomni gets back. You know how she gets when the twins go missing."

"#&%$ too well I do." Zooble sighed, glancing around. "So have you seen them, or no?"

"Who?"

"The twins."

"What twins?"

"Pomni's twins."

"Pomni had twins?"

"Yep."

"How'd that happen?"

"I... I'm not even going to answer that."

"Answer what?"

Zooble narrowed their eyes at Kinger before throwing their hands/claws/pinchers in the air. "Forget it!" They huffed, storming/hobbling away in irritation.

Kinger watched them for a moment, staring off into the distance before blinking, looking down at the book in his hands. "Why... oh! Right!" He quickly turned and headed to his fortress, ducking inside quickly. "Found it!"

A pair of small cheers rang out in the pillow fort as Kinger made himself comfortable inside, adjusting his hold on the book as Emma and Emily made themself comfortable against him. "I think you two will enjoy this one!" Kinger exclaimed happily as he and the twins got comfortable and began reading.