07 | Perfection

Shout out to DarkRomancefrr. Love her vibe in the comment section.

Rachael

School didn't go so well for the remaining of the day. But that was because I had a headache from crying too much.

When I got home, I just freshened up and decided to watch MSA. I was a hopeless romantic, always looking for love. I guess that's why Steve broke my heart like that. I was probably too clingy. But, still!

Does he know who I am?! He couldn't have said I should find a better boyfriend when he wasn't even a good one in the first place! Gawd, he's making me soooo angry!

I did my breathing technique, took my bath and went back to watching MSA. There were so many good love there and it always ended with a true love kiss.

Well, not always...

My phone rang and I picked up. "Hello, Daniel", I said into the phone.

Why was he calling?

"I may be the last person you'll want to see, but--"

"Steve is the last person I want to see, actually. And isn't that new?"

"We have a debate to finish working on and memorise so, you better be emotionally ready today"

The audacity of this guy.

"Daniel, just work on it and send it to me. I'll memorise it myself", I told him but he just snorted over the phone then I started hearing laughter then a glass shattering.

"Eniola! Are you mad!?", He started yelling at someone else. "Clean that thing up, my friend!"

"Whoa, take it easy on Eniola, whoever that is", I said.

"No, I'm not cleaning it up. You're not my boss", I heard the Eniola say to him.

"Okay, maybe take things hard. That girl needs someone to teach her respect", I said, already getting angry. I hated when small children behaved anyhow, especially to their elders.

"Okay, see you soon", he said and I smiled at no one in particular.

"Spank her hard", I said and immediately regretted it.

"That came out wrongly", he said and we both laughed. "Hold on, can I bring a plus one?"

"I don't remember throwing a party", I told him and he laughed.

"My mummy and her husband are out of town for today and I'm supposed to take care of her daughter. My neighbours hate her because she's a werey(mad person) so I can't leave her with them. Please, can I bring her over?"

Why was he calling his family members like that? Her husband? Her daughter? What kind of relationship did he seriously have with his mummy?

"Fine, bring her over. But we'll cage her", I said.

He laughed and my heart lept. "How exactly are you going to do that? This girl is a small obanje(witch)", he said. "Eniola, stand up from there! We're going out!"

"Nothing I can't handle. See you soon", I said and we hung up.

***

"Does she watch MSA?", I asked Daniel as soon as he settled in my house with his younger sister, Eniola.

Which reminds me; why is his younger sister bearing a Yoruba name? He's an Igbo boy.

"Was that your plan when you said you would cage her?", He asked, opening his laptop.