10 | The Best Kiss Yet

It's been so long. I'm glad I'm getting this one out there.

Demilade

Saturday, one of the best days of the week. I told my brother that I was going out with David because mummy and daddy weren't home.

Mummy went to the boutique while Daddy was a busy man, always travelling in and out of the country.

"I was thinking, how are you and Daphne doing now?", I asked, as we sat on the sand of the beach, licking ice creams.

"She broke up with me", he answered, very casually. Too casually to be true.

"What?! Why are you now so calm about it?", I asked, turning my head to face him. He was already looking at me.

"Should I tell you a secret?", He asked.

"Secret? Okay", I said and he signalled for me to lean my ear. I did so.

"I never really liked her", he whispered.

"What?", My mouth fell open. "What do you mean?"

"I never had feelings for her. She was just to pass time. I'm even happy she broke up", he said.

"Serious? You're such a player", I said.

"I think she knew too. Anyway, it was because my heart belonged in Nigeria. I have only ever liked one girl, but I was too young to say how I felt then", he said.

"One girl? Who was it?", I asked.

He then signalled for me to bring my ear again and I did. "It's a secret", he said and then stood up before running to the ocean.

"David! Oh, my god! Can't you just tell me?!", I asked, frustrated because I'm a curious child. "Seriously?!", I yelled and took a big bite out of my ice cream. Except, it's not good to bite ice cream, unless you'll have brain freeze.

"Demilade! Come!", David called after me and thrashed around in the water.

I only huffed at him and gave someone my camera. "Can you take pictures of us in the water?", I asked. The man nodded politely and took it. I thanked him and went to the water.

I loosed the scarf I tied around my waist and dropped it on the shore before diving into the water. I went in for a few seconds until David came in too and pulled me out by the waist.

"I like you in this swim suit", he said and I almost blushed. Then he splashed water on my face and I gasped.

"I'm already wet, dude", I said before regretting it immediately.

"Ooh. You're wet? For who, me?", He teased while I just covered my face with my hands.

Oh, this boy.

We spent about one more hour until my mummy called.

"Demilade! Come to the boutique now! They've released another episode of My Demon!", She was so excited and so was I.

My mother and I watched a Korean series: My Demon. We watched it together to avoid anyone spoiling it for the other.

I waved him bye and started walking away after collecting my camera from the nice man. But then he pulled me back and hugged me. I stayed like that in shock for a bit until he pulled away.

Then I remembered something. "Wait, you said you liked someone here? Who is she?", I asked, somehow curious.

"You want to know?", He asked and I nodded. "Okay, I'll show you", he said and held my both hands.

What in the world was this feeling in my stomach?

He then pulled me in and our lips were just inches apart. I could feel his breathing on my face and my eyes shot open. He looked at me with an intense gaze.

"Close your eyes. It adds to the moment", he whispered and my eyes fluttered close. Why did his voice have that much effect on me?

Maybe it was because he had a British accent. I love, love, love British accent.

Rema's Charm started playing from inside my fancy, small, unicorn bag which I hung around my left shoulder. And that broke us apart.

"Sorry, I have to answer", I said and took out my phone from the bag. It was my mother again. Gosh, I was so going to be dead.

"Demilade Stephanie Olabode!", my mother yelled from the phone and I had to take the phone far from me not to get deaf.

"Hello, mummy", I said.

"Where are you?! Come shap shap(quickly)!", she yelled into the phone and I nodded although she couldn't see me.

"I'm coming, Mummy. I'm on my way", I frantically spoke into the phone and she hung up. I just sighed and turned to him.

He smiled at me and looked down. "Later, then", he said and went back to where we had put our umbrella in the sand.

I walked on but then looked back to really see if he was okay. He was looking at me already so I looked away.

***

The whistle blew in the air and Red House yelled in happiness because they had won the football match. I cheered at Reggie from the crowd, spoting the jersey shirt he had given to me that day.

He blew a kiss my way and I blushed. It's the Sports Day and that means, it's been almost a week since the "incident" between David and I. We've decided to put that behind us and still behave like childhood best friends who knew everything about each other.

Then the scores for the board game was announced and the overall best was Green House. It was annoying but it didn't sting much because I didn't participate in any activity.

The day was wrapped up and we all packed our bags. "What's this?", Reggie asked, holding one of my special books(aka my diary).

I brought it to school today so I could write everything in it as it happens, because I'm a very forgetful person. "Reggie, give it back", I warned, dropping everything else and trying to get it from him, but of course, tall guys are the worst.

"And if I don't?"

"Reggie! Just give it", I said, trying my best to reach his palm and swipe it from him, but he just didn't bulge.

"Make me", he said and that made me stop, mostly because I was out of breath. I stood with arms akimbo and thought of anything to make him stop but only one thought crossed my mind. And if anyone was to walk in, suspension is calling my name.

I stood on my tippy toes, slid my arms around his chest to his shoulders, then planted my lips on his. He was stiff for the most part but then, he began to relax, just like I planned.

His hands travelled to my lower back and pulled me closer to him, like we weren't close enough. My hands went to his loosed afro hair and ran through it. This kiss was fire. The best I would ever get.

Then, when I had had enough and was out of breath, I swiped the diary from his hands and gave him my most mischievous smile.

"Shit, you gave me a boner just to get a book?", he said in disbelief, his hands still around waist.

"You said I should make you give it", I said like I did not just kiss Reggie Williams.

"I'd do anything to taste you again", he said and pulled me in for another kiss.

A/N: That's that. I don't know when next I'm going to be able to publish because of school and everything.

Sorry for the delay.