💛Xmas Prompt : Cuddling with Rei

Prompt: Snuggling with Rei by a fireplace

You felt content as the room was silent, save for the cackling of the fire and the soft sound of your girlfriend's breaths.

She rested her head on your shoulder, and her arm was holdings yours. With her other hand, she held a cup of hot chocolate, that you practically begged her to drink instead of coffee. Being snowed in and losing power always gave Rei a feeling of restlessness, as she hated being unproductive.

Before she met you, she'd make the most of these days by reading to herself, sipping coffee, and having mixed feelings about the isolation. But with you, she didn't get a moment alone, and what surprised her most was that she ultimately didn't mind.

Rei lightly snuggled into your neck, armed with the excuse of your body heat being the only source of warmth. Besides the fire in front of you. And the pillows. And the blankets you brought for her. Yeah, you were just the only option.

She took another sip of the hot chocolate as you wrapped an arm around her. Words didn't need to be exchanged for the two of you to understand each other in this moment. Interlocking fingers, the two of you leaned on each other.

The fire let out a few popping sounds as a couple sparks rained down. It only reminded you more of Rei and her fiery attitude. The flame itself was the most beautiful, resembling Rei's silky locks of hair cascading down her shoulders. The winter fire, January embers... Your heart burned there too.

Rei wasn't staring at the fire, her attention was on the snow. The pure, unique snowflakes raining down on the earth, painting purity and softness over the hard ground. Whenever she thought she didn't deserve any more, the snowing only continued, piling on top like a slice of heaven she never knew she could feel.

As you and Rei shared a gentle kiss, you both discovered what the fire and snow had in common,

Neither would ever be fully extinguished.