2. The Calm

It was lunch time and Spencer and I were sitting at our usual table. Everyone was already here. Everyone except Dallon. He wanted to sit with his girlfriend today, so there's room for one more person. Ryan.

"Hold on a second, guys. I'll be back," I announced. I got up and left the conversation and walked up to Ryan.

"Hey. Want to come sit with me and the guys?" I asked, tapping his shoulder.

"Sure! Let me get my food first," He said. I nodded and went back to the table.

"Ryan coming over here today?" Ray asked. I went to reply, but was interrupted by Ryan himself.

"Yes I am," He said. He sat down next to me.

"Dallon isn't sitting here? That's odd..." He said.

"He wanted to sit with his girlfriend," I shrugged. Ryan picked at his food for a minute before turning to me.

"Can I come over today?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah, of course," I replied.

"Good. My family is trying to get me to go out with them more and I hate it. And I want to hang out with my best friend," Ryan explained.

"You can stay the night if you need to. My mom won't mind," I said. He nodded and ate some of his food in silence. I didn't get any food today. I hate the school's food anyway.

The bell rang, signaling the end of our lunch period. I got up and told my friends goodbye before walking to my locker alone.

I got my books out of my locker and started towards my fifth period, but came to a sudden stop.

There's Dallon. And Caitlyn. Oh no. I can't stand to watch them. I tried to walk past them without being seen, but failed.

"Hey, Brendon! Have you met Caitlyn yet?" Dallon asked. I cringed and turned towards them.

"I'm a bit busy right now. Can it wait?" I asked quietly. I wouldn't look him in the eyes.

"I guess. I'll see you in a few," He said. He walked off with Caitlyn at his side.

"Yeah," I whispered. Tears were now brimming my eyes and I knew I was about to cry. It hurts so much to see someone you love be with someone else. I would give anything to be with Dallon. We could be happy.

I ran to the bathroom and locked the stall door. I wanted to be alone. I cried for a few minutes, but soon stopped. This is pathetic. What's the point in crying? It won't help.

I sat in silence for a few minutes before I heard someone enter the room. I stayed silent and waited for them to leave. I looked at the shoes the person was wearing and regonized them immediately. It's Gerard.

"Um, Brendon? Are you in here?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said. I stood up and grabbed my books. I unlocked the door and stepped out, meeting Gerard's eyes.

"I came looking for you. I got worried," He said.

"Thanks. I'm fine though. I just needed a break from some shit that's happening," I explained. He nodded and let me by him to go to the sinks. I looked at my appearance in the mirror. My face wasn't as flushed anymore. Good.

"So class is over, but if you hurry, you can make it to music," He said, looking at a clock in the hall.

"Okay. Bye Gee!" I said and walked back to my locker. I dropped my books off and grabbed my backpack and locked up my locker for the rest of the day. I walked back towards the bathroom and went to Ms. Andrew's class. I came in and sat in my seat as I waited for Dallon and Spencer to come in.