4. End In Tragedy

I was at my locker, making sure to take my time. I wasn't looking forward to any classes. Not even music.

"Brendon, hurry!" Patrick pulled on my sleeve.

"Just go on without me. I think I'm going to skip this one." I dismissed him. He walked to class in a hurry, pushing past people. I put everything in my locker and shut it quietly. I went to the bathroom and hid in there until lunch.

Dallon was sitting at the table with my friends, but there wasn't a seat for me. Caitlyn sat in my seat again. I looked around for Ryan and couldn't find him. I gave up and walked towards an empty table. I ended up putting my head in my hands.

This isn't the first time he's done this. I haven't been able to hold a conversation for two weeks because of him. I can't talk to my friends because Dallon pulls them away. He's been making fun of me and pushing me around for a while too. Ryan has helped me a lot, but I haven't seen him around recently. It's like he disappeared.

"Bren?" I heard his voice. I removed my hands and looked up at him.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I wasn't here for a few days." Ryan sat down next to me.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I have to eat dinner with Dallon tonight and it's stressful." I said.

"Call me if you need anything. I'll pick you up if you need me to." He reassured me. I nodded and grabbed his water.

"Mind if I take it?" I asked.

"Go ahead. I have another one in my bag." He smiled. I drank some of it and put it back on the table.

"So I was wondering if I could stay with you for a few days? I think my parents are going to get divorced soon and I rather not watch it crumble." He asked.

"Aw, Ry, of course you can. How come you didn't tell me sooner?" I asked, shocked. He shrugged, obviously not wanting to talk about it. I hugged him real quick and let him eat his food. We talked about music until the bell rang.

"I think I'm just going to go home. I'll see you tonight." I said. Ryan waved and went on to his last classes. I went to my locker and grabbed my phone and keys. No need in bringing my shit home. I never do the work anyway. I walked to my car and texted Ryan the time to come over tonight.

I sat in the front seat of my car and drove away from the school. I know my mom is going to be mad at me tonight, but I could care less. Dad should be back soon anyway. She'll be too busy with him to yell at me for skipping again.

I pulled into the driveway and went inside my house. It wasn't locked, which was strange. I walked in slowly, bracing myself.

"Skipping again, Brendon?" I heard his voice. I jumped and turned to face to couch.

"You scared the shit out of me!" I exclaimed, startled.

"Sorry. I'll keep this one from your mother. You should go somewhere until school lets out so I'm not completely lying." My dad chuckled.

"Thank you." I waved and went back out to my car. I know exactly where I'm going. I started up the engine and pulled out of the driveway.

I parked my car near the swings and began walking. I made sure I had that water bottle I got from Ryan at lunch before entering the woods. I continued to walk down a large trail until I came to a clearing. It was a small, secluded clearing on a hill with a large boulder sitting in the middle of the trees and flowers. I decided to sit on the huge rock and think. Let my mind run wild.

I was deep in my thoughts when I got a text message, bringing me back to reality.

Spencer- So Dallon won't let you work with me. He said he's not using the song you wrote either so we're stuck.