9. A Single Moment Of Sincerity

"I still can't believe you kissed him." Ryan said, still in shock. We were trying to get to school on time for once.

"I can't believe that I did it either. You should have seen his face. It was priceless!" I chuckled. We continued walking until we reached a familiar house.

"Dallon hasn't left yet." I said, mostly to myself. Ryan looked over and seen his car.

"Wonder why?" He said.

"He's probably too embarrassed. Or still in trouble." I shrugged. Ryan and I walked for about ten more minutes before we arrived at school. Our classes were different, so we had to depart.

I was about to open my locker when I noticed a piece of paper sticking out of it. I figured that it was just some crumbled up homework, but it wasn't.

Brendon,

Words cannot describe how sorry I am. I didn't mean the terrible things I said to you. You're a great friend and I should have supported you. I'm sorry I did such mean things. I told most of the school that the things I said weren't true, just for you. I understand if you still hate me, but I hope that you can forgive me. Once again, I'm sorry.

-Dal

I read the note in awe. Does he really mean this? I don't know if I should trust him. What made him change his mind so quickly? I put the note in my back pocket and went on to class.

"Hey man! Nice to see you for once!" Pete said. I smiled and sat next to him for the first time in weeks.

"Hey. So where's Patrick?" I asked, looking around. Patrick usually sits with him.

"He's at home. He's sick or something." He shrugged. Something was off. He's lying.

"Seriously, Pete. Where is he?" I said, not taking his bullshit.

"He's at home, I told you." He said.

"What happened then? Why is he not here? I know how you two are, Pete. You can't lie to me." I demanded.

"Fine, he's mad at me because I'm not hanging out with him as much as I used to. He blames Mikey for stealing me, even though I will always be his best friend." He finally admitted.

"He'll get over it. Patrick is too sweet to hate you." I said. He nodded and looked back at his phone. The teacher came in and shut the door quietly. The class fell silent and all attention was directed towards him. He adressed the lesson and handed our work out in 30 minutes, which meant that we had 45 minutes to complete it. We were assigned partners yesterday for this assignment, but mine isn't here.

"Uh, Sir?" I said, walking up to his desk.

"Yes, Brendon?" He asked, flicking through stacks of papers.

"Dallon isn't here and I have no one to work with." I said. He looked up and scanned the class. No trace of Dallon any where.

"Why don't you go work with Pe-"

"I'm here! Sorry I'm late!" Dallon bursted through the door, panting. He walked over to us and asked for a worksheet.

"Let's go." He smiled. I just followed him to the back of the class and sat down in my seat.

"I take it that you got my note?" He asked, getting a pencil from his bag. I nodded and let him continue. "Well I only came here to help you with this project and then I'm leaving. I'm preparing something for us. You and Ryan need to meet me at the park tonight at six."

"Okay, sure. We'll be there." I said.

"Great! Okay now this project." He trailed off, helping me work on the problems. We spent a couple of minutes on a few problems, but got all of it completed by the time the bell rang.