8. New Perspective

Ryan and I arrived at school on foot. I don't want to relive the car incident. We were late today, so I don't have any classes with Ryan. That's probably a good thing. Less attention on the both of us.

I walked into my fourth period and sat down in the back. Dallon was with a group of jocks a few feet in front of me. I figured that if I ignored them, they'd leave me alone.

That was a stupid idea.

"Fag." A guy spat at me. He threw a note at me. I picked it up and read it quickly.

Why were you late? Too busy sucking that kid's dick?

I crumpled the piece of paper and put it on the desk. Why do people have to be so damn rude? I wonder how Ry's doing. I feel so bad for dragging him down with me.

"Class we're doing partners for a project. Sadly, you can't pick them." The teacher droned. I started to pay attention, hoping that he pairs me with someone I can stand.

"Dallon, you will work with Brendon." He said. Dallon flipped his shit.

"What? No! I refuse to work with a disgusting fag!" He shouted. I sat up and looked away from him. I am so close to standing up and yelling at him. Don't do it, Brendon. Don't.

Too late.

"How am I disgusting? Can you please explain to me how in the hell I am disgusting because I don't see it. Is it because I was brave enough to come out and you're not ready to?" I snapped. The class went completely silent.

"Boys, go to the office." The teacher instructed. Dallon stormed off, not looking back. He's obviously embarrassed. I grabbed all my stuff, knowing I won't be coming back, and left. I made sure to get that note, just in case Dallon wants to deny anything. I stopped by my locker real quick and put my stuff up. I continued the slow walk to the office.

"You're late. Get in here." The principal said, pointing towards her office. Dallon was already sitting down in one of the chairs, not looking at anything in particular. I walked in with the principal and watched her sit down.

"Sit." She demanded. I did as I was told and sat next to Dallon. He didn't look too happy.

"What's going on with you two?" She asked.

"I got paired up with a fag." Dallon mumbled. I rolled my eyes and let him do what he was going to.

"Mr. Weekes, we do not tolerate that language at this school." She warned him. He sat back and crossed his arms.

"We aren't friends and we got paired up for a project. Simple." I stated.

"Why aren't you friends? You're both nice boys." She asked.

"He doesn't like me because I'm gay." I shrugged. She can't solve this problem. We all know it. He's going to hate me and that's it.

"Well how about you two talk about this during detention. You two will meet in Mr. Thompson's room after school. If you miss it, I will reschedule it and add another day. Got it?" She said. I nodded and stood up. We were in here for 20 minutes or more, so we missed half of fifth period. Oh well.

I went to leave before Dallon got a chance to hurt me. He's going to get in trouble with his parents, so I would think that he's mad at me.

"And don't even think about leaving, Brendon." She warned me.

"I won't. I don't run from my problems." I smirked, looking at Dallon. I know I'm making things worse, but I might as well have fun while I still can. I opened the door and left. I heard Dallon's footsteps behind me, only making me walk faster. He eventually caught up with me.

"What the fuck was that? I don't run away from my problems." He said, pushing me into the bathroom.

"You do. You just won't admit it." I said.

"No, actually, I don't." He said, getting in my face. He was getting closer to me, which I'm sure he will regret doing in a minute.

"Are you going to kiss me or just getting close to make me feel intimidated? Cause you aren't scary, sorry." I said. He backed up and punched me.

"Can't even apologize without getting punched in the face." I mumbled. My nose was bleeding, but I didn't care. I was focused on Dallon at this point. I got a paper towel and wiped off some of the blood.

"Now what else do you wanna say?" He smirked. I wasn't intimidated at all. I have always seen Dallon as a harmless little baby.

"Well how about get to class before you fuck up your grades too." I said and walked over to the sinks.

"Fuck you." He spat and left me alone. That was fun. I washed the blood off my hands and attempted to clean my sleeves. I didn't mind him hitting me, it was just uncalled for.

I checked my phone for the time and realized that we only had one more class until detention. Shit, I'm missing music again! I ran out of the bathroom and towards music.

I arrived to music out of breath. I looked around for Spencer and seen him with Dallon. I decided to walk over and see what was going on.

"Hey, Spence!" I greeted him. He smiled and waved.

"Go away, fag." Dallon spat.

"Says the guy that almost kissed me in the bathroom." I smirked, rolling my eyes. He got up and got in my face again.

"If you even spread that lie around the school, I swear I will not hesitate to kick your ass." He growled.

"Sure you will," I said and sat beside Spencer. "Anyways, who's working with who?"

"I'm working with you and I guess Dallon can go off and find someone else." Spencer said. I smiled and picked up a guitar.

"You heard him. Later, Dallon." I said, waving. He flipped me off and went to find a different group.

"Thanks man." I said.

"No problem. Do you still want to do that song?" He asked. I shook my head, remembering the song I finished a few nights ago.

"I have a new song and I finished it already. It's called New Perspective." I said.

"Play it." He said. I picked up the guitar and began the song. About three minutes later, I finshed preforming it for him.

"That was amazing!" He said. I smiled and thanked him.

"I think we can do an acoustic set." I said. Spencer agreed and we got started.

The bell rang and everyone filed out of the room. I was the last one out, not as eager and excited as the others. I walked towards Mr. Thompson's room with my phone in hand. I texted Ryan and told him what happened so he would go home without me.

"Hello, Brendon. Take a seat. When Dallon gets here, tell him to check his name off the board. I'll be in the teacher's lounge if you need me." Mr. Thompson said. I nodded and sat in a seat near the windows. Dallon soon came in and sat on the opposite end of the room.

"Go erase you're name off the board." I told him. He looked up and flipped me off before getting up and erasing it. He went back to his seat and was actually quiet for a while. We sat in awkward silence for maybe 45 minutes before he decided to start an argument.

"I'm in trouble and it's your fault." He said.

"Aw, did mommy and daddy not like their son being a dickbag?" I mocked. He got up and headed over here. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and tugged me up to my feet.

"Better watch it." I was tired of his shit. He isn't winning. He let my collar go and got in my face. I decided to be a prick and kiss him.

"Did you really just do that? You fag! Ew!" He screamed and wiped his mouth. He continued to make gagging noises and act like a big baby.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you to get out of my face." I said and sat down. Mr. Thompson came in and told us that we could go home. I gladly got up and ran out of the classroom. Dallon didn't try to follow this time. I left the school and ran home, desperate to tell Ryan about today's events.