3. The Storm

I was on my way to school alone today. Dallon got his car fixed last night and he doesn't need me anymore. I'll admit, I miss him, but I have a feeling that he won't miss me after today. I told Ryan that I would come out to him today. I already feel sick to my stomach at the thought.

"Hey Brendon!" Dallon shouted. He waved and smiled. He seems happy today. Well, that won't last.

"Hey," I replied simply.

"What's up, Beebo? You always have that look on your face," Dallon questioned.

"Nothing. I've just been a bit on edge recently. I feel like I'm going to lose someone that means the world to me soon," I admitted.

"And why do you think that?" He asked.

"I don't know. Some shit's been going on and I really don't want to talk about it right now," I said. He nodded and we walked into class.

It was currently third period, which is one of the worst, and I was sitting with Dallon. We were looking through his old notebook from freshman year and laughing at stupid notes.

"Brendon?" Mr. Bruce got my attention.

"Yes, sir?" I replied.

"Can you go to Mr. Thompson's room and ask for some extra copies of detention slips?" He asked. I nodded and left the room. I went into Mr. Thompson's room and asked for the slips. I looked out at the class and seen Ryan sitting in the back. He was on his phone, as always. I chuckled and grabbed his slips before exiting the classroom. I was out in the hallway when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Ry- Remember to tell Dallon today. I'll be there if you need me.

I put my phone back in my pocket and went back to class. This class is always boring. Mr. Bruce just talks about literature for 72 minutes and then the bell rings for lunch. Simple and boring.

The bell rang, signaling lunch. I got up and followed Dallon to the cafeteria.

"Are you sitting with us today?" I asked.

"Yeah. Is Ryan sitting with us?" He asked.

"He knows the rules, Dallon," I reminded him.

"I know," He said. He walked ahead of me and got in line to get his food. I saw Ryan watching us from the table near the front door of the cafeteria. He winked at me and mouthed something. I didn't know what he what trying to say so I went over to him.

"What the actual fuck are you saying?" I laughed.

"I said tell him," Ryan said.

"Not now. We'll be surrounded. I wanted to do it where it's just the two of us," I explained.

"Fine. You better tell me when you do it," He said.

"I will. Trust me," I promised.

"Shit! He's coming over! Laugh!" He panicked. I managed to fake a laugh and tell Ryan I'd see him later before turning to Dallon.

"What did he want?" Dallon asked.

"Just told me a story from class earlier," I lied. He shrugged, believing it, and sat down in his usual seat. I took my usual seat and waited for Dallon to start a conversation with me.

"So do you like Caitlyn?" Dallon randomly asked.

"I guess. I don't know her well," I lied.

"Well I'll make sure she knows about you. Your opinion means the most to me," Dallon stated.

"Same with you," I said. That whole statement made me tense up. His opinion means the most to me, but his opinion is what will break us apart. Maybe forever, maybe for a few weeks, but I know that he's going to want to get away from me.