3. charles pike

-CHARLES PIKE-

"it's Clarke."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sairah watches as Monty reunites with his mother. The two hugging each other tightly while tears stream down both their faces.

Two other men make their way to the group. "Farm station, stand down." One of them orders. The said man stops right in front of Kane, who looks up at him from the ground with wide eyes.

"Pike?"

Charles Pike removes his mask with a smile. "You have no idea how good it is to see you." He holds out his hand, helping up Kane from the ground. The two hug while Sairah raises her head to look over at Bellamy. Pike looks around his men before gesturing to two men standing next to him. "You two, watch our six. Everyone else, i said, stand down."

"Yes, sir."

The weight on Sairah's back is suddenly gone. The girl slowly gets up from the ground, glaring at the strangers around her.

Monty, on the other hand, looks around the strangers with wide eyes. "Where's dad?"

His mother looks down. "Your father didn't make it." She takes a step closer to him and embraces him again.

Kane looks at them with a sad smile before averting his eyes to Pike. "How many of you are there?"

"63. The rest are camped in the mountains north of here, grounder killers one and all." Pike raises his voice. "Am i right?"

"Ooh rah!"

All eyes shift to Sairah and Indra, standing side by side. Bellamy decides to speak up, taking some of the tension off of the two grounders. "Hate to cut this short. We got to find Clarke."

Pike's eyes widen at this. "Clarke Griffin?" Bellamy nods. "If only all of my earth skills students were as good as her."

Bellamy smiles. "It's good to see you, sir."

"Yeah, you too." Pike laughs.

"Ok, move the tree." Kane orders.

"Help them!" Pike tells his people.

Kane looks back at Pike with furrowed brows. "63. Farm station left orbit with 3 times that number."

Pike nods, the smile on his face disappearing. "We landed with that number too." He averts his eyes to Sairah and Indra.

Sairah clenches her jaw, obviously not liking the man she met just a few minutes ago. "The ice nation can be ruthless." She mutters. "Take pride in the number you saved. It could've been worse."

"Sairah." Kane says with a smile. "This is Charles Pike. He was a teacher on the ark." Kane gives Sairah a reassuring smile before looking back at Pike. "This is Sairah. She's the commander's second and a trusted ally."

"Was." Sairah corrects. "I was the commander's second before i saved your peoples' asses."

Kane smiles at her use of words before shifting his attention to Indra. "And that is Indra. Leader of Trikru and also a trusted ally."

Pike stares at the two woman with narrowed eyes. Sairah feels the people behind her breathing down her neck. She gives them a glare, challenging them. Pike clears his throat. "I'll have to take your word for it."

"Kane!" Bellamy calls out while walking up to them. "It's time to go."

Kane nods. "Monty, give them the coordinates to Arkadia." He takes a step closer to Pike. "We have a settlement 50 miles south of here. Your people will be safe there."