10. battlescars

-BATTLESCARS-

'it broke her beyond repair.'

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sairah spend days by herself staring up at the walls of her cell in Arkadia. Pike didn't allow visitors into her cell, saying she was to dangerous and unpredictable. Even the curly-haired boy, Sairah hated, wasn't allowed to see her. She heard them arguing just outside her cel the day before. Bellamy kept asking the chancellor to see her, saying that he had important matters to discuss with her, but Pike always forced him to leave.

Now that Sairah is lying on her back in her cell, she counts the scars on her arms out of boredom. Her eyes lit up every time she caresses one of them.

Every scar marks a kill.

Sairah started marking her body right after her first battle with Lexa. The girl killed five warriors that day and she was only eight. Ever since, she cut herself after every life she took. Sairah only stopped when her mother died, leaving the girl in so much pain that she didn't even feel the cuts on her arms and back anymore.

Her mother was also her hundredth kill.

Sairah shakes her head when the memories of that day come flooding back. She remembers every detail clearly. As if it happened just yesterday. Her mother's pleading eyes as she watched her daughter circle around her with her sword. It did something to Sairah.

It broke her beyond repair.

Her eyes tear up as she reminds herself that she had no other choice that day. She had to do it.

She had to kill her.

Sairah quickly wipes the fallen tears from her eyes when she hears the doors to her cell open. "Kindly move forward." A guard says as dozens of grounders are being pushed into Sairah's lonely cell. One after one the weak warriors of Sairah's clan are being led into the cold and grey cell. "Pick up your feet, come on."

Sairah's eyes widen when she sees Lincoln among them. Her eyes slowly shift to the boy behind the angry-looking man. Bellamy stares at the girl with guilt before his eyebrows furrow together at the sight of Sairah's wet eyes.

Sairah ignores him, giving him one of her famous scowls before shifting her attention to her people.

A voice from outside her cell makes her look up. "Lincoln! Lincoln!" Octavia calls out when she sees her lover being pushed inside the cell.

"I'm ok, don't fight this." Lincoln says when he connects his eyes with the girl.

Sairah watches as Bellamy holds Octavia's arm, stopping her from walking after Lincoln. The two exchange a few heated words before Octavia gives her brother a glare. "What's happening to you?"

"Octavia-"

"I saw what you and Pike did to Lexa's army!" The girl raises her voice making the guards, standing in front of Sairah's cell, look up at the siblings. "Bellamy, you killed everyone!"

Bellamy turns his head to look at Sairah through the cell before taking a step closer to his sister. "Keep your voice down."

"What's wrong?" Octavia raises her brows. "You're not proud of massacring an army that was here to help us?"

"We're not doing this here."

"Good." Octavia says through gritted teeth. "Then let's go because i'm not even close to done." Bellamy rolls his eyes at the girl before pushing her towards the hall.