5. thirteenth clan

-THIRTEENTH CLAN-

"I don't trust any of them... They're all the same."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's been over a week since Clarke was captured by Lexa and Sairah returned home to her sister and her people. For a week, Sairah tried to get back on track of living amongst her people, but no matter what she did, nothing was the same as before. It took her a while, but she made it.

Sairah has been talking to Lexa and filling her in on everything. Meanwhile, Lexa filled her in with her new plan.

To make Skaikru the thirtheenth clan.

Sairah thought this was good for the Sky People, it meant no one could harm them as long as their under Lexa's protection. Which, for Sairah, was a relief. Even though she felt like an outsider in Arkadia, she still made some friends and she would like to keep them alive and well.

Now, as she stands next to Lexa's throne, she waits for Lexa to return from her visit to Clarke. The room is filled with ambassadors from different clans, including Azgeda. Everyone's eyes are on Sairah, confused as to why she's suddenly back with the commander. No one questions it though, out of fear of the commander.

Suddenly, the doors to the room open and Lexa walks in with long-confident steps. Sairah clears her throat. "Rise for your commander." She orders while keeping her eyes on Lexa, who in return gives Sairah a nod before going to stand in front of the throne.

When Lexa gives the people a slight nod, Sairah, alongside the rest, goes down on their left knee to show their respect. Everyone, except for Ice Nation's ambassador.

Sairah is the first to stand up, her eyes connecting with the ambassador. She raises her well-shaped eyebrows at him. "Ice Nation will bow before your Commander."

"The Commander should bow before Ice Nation." The ambassador fires back. "We know not to make treaties with our enemies."

Sairah takes a few steps closer to the man. "The Commander bows before no one."

"Sairah." Lexa interrupts. "That is enough."

"She even prefers the enemies language." The ambassador continues with a smirk.

"And you will use it too, in honor of our guests this evening." Lexa tells him. "Now sit. We have more important matters to discuss."

Sairah gives the man one last dirty look before returning to her Commander's side.

But, just as expected, the Azgeda ambassador isn't done yet. "Yes, we do." He takes a step closer to Lexa on the throne. "For example, why is Wanheda still alive? If this is your weakness again, Azgeda will happily step in."

Sairah furrows her brows at him. "Was that a threat?" She asks with a glare.

The man shakes his head with a smirk. "Just letting the commander know that we still respect her, Trikova." He says.

Titus decides to speak up for the first time since the conversation started. "Is that why your army has moved so close to Polis, because you believe the commander is weak?"

The ambassador shakes his head with a smile. "Oh, those are just military exercises."

"Exercises?" Indra pipes in. "You crossed the border into Trikru land, an army within striking distance of our beloved capital."