9. not-so-happy reunion

-NOT SO HAPPY REUNION-

"you willingly put that son of a bitch in charge?"

Lexa and Clarke ride next to each other on their horses as they look at the nature around them. Lexa sighs in anticipation as she reminds herself that she'll be seeing her sister again, soon. The girl looks next to her at the blonde. "Thinking about home?" She wonders when she catches Clarke deep in thoughts. 

Clarke sighs. "Thinking about whether Arkadia is home." She clears her throat before speaking up again. "When i left, it had a different name... I was different."

"You left a hero to your people and you return one." Lexa smiles. "The mountain slayer returns with the body of the ice queen. You bring them justice." 

Clarke shakes her head. "You bring them justice." 

Lexa's smiles widens. "We bring them peace." 

-

Sairah's eyes move from one person to another, taking in every single face of the murderers of her people. She gulps when her eyes land on Bellamy in front of her, his hands holding hers tightly, pulling her along with him. 

Sairah never expected to find herself in this situation. Being held a prisoner by the sky people because of Bellamy Blake, the man she became so fond of in the last few months she spend in Arkadia. 

She shakes her head at this. Everything has changed now. Bellamy has changed... So did she. 

Here she is, being held captive by the people she saved a few months ago from the Mountain Men. Sairah clenches her jaw as she realises how the tables have turned. 

She's pulled back to reality when Bellamy pulls her closer before leaning in to whisper in her ear. "Whatever you do, don't piss him off any more." He says while gesturing to Pike. "He's the chancellor now." 

Sairah's eyes widen at this. "Chancellor? You willingly put that son of a bitch in charge?" She says through gritted teeth.

Bellamy gives her a look. "Shut up and keep your head down." 

Sairah decides to do as he says when they walk through the gates of Arkadia. Her eyes connect with Kane, who's watching them with wide eyes. 

Octavia is the first to get to them. She gives her brother a confused look when her eyes land on Sairah. "What the hell happened and why is Sairah tied up?" Bellamy ignores his sister and keeps walking, pulling Sairah after him. 

Pike is the last to walk through the gates. "Lock it up." He orders as he looks around his people with a big smile. Sky People circle around Sairah when they stop walking. They give her glares and disgusted looks when they walk past her. 

Bellamy pulls her closer to him when he notices this. He gestures for them to keep walking. 

Pike takes a moment to gather a crowd before raising his hand and silencing them. "Everybody listen up. 24 hours ago, you elected me your chancellor. Every action i've taken since and every action i will take will be to achieve one sacred goal, the creation of a self-sustaining, prosperous and safe Arkadia."

"Yeah!" The crowd cheers. 

Bellamy looks down at Sairah with something she can't read. He sighs before looking back at his Chancellor. "This morning on a muddy field, our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the grounders. This land is ours now!"