4. reunion

-REUNION-

"i'm glad you came back to me."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A few moments pass as Sairah stays where Bellamy left her after their argument. She closes her eyes and takes a few deep breaths in, trying to calm herself down.

"Guys, there's a cave." Monty says, interrupting Sairah's moment.

Sairah returns to the group, keeping herself close to Indra and Kane. The latter smiles at the two woman. "We just got lucky. Come on."

"I can't go with you." Indra states, making Sairah look up at her with furrowed brows.

"Why?" Kane asks just as confused as the girl.

"Ice nation has crossed the border. They're marching against my commander. I have to warn her." Indra informs the man. Sairah lowers her head at the mention of Lexa.

"We'll get Clarke." Kane assures her.

"You better." The woman mutters. "The Ice Queen gets her first, she'll be dead and we'll be at war." She turns around and walks away from the group.

Sairah decides to do what's best for herself and speaks up, stopping Indra in her tracks. "I'm coming with you."

Kane, Indra and even Bellamy look up at her when she says this. The latter takes a few steps closer to the trio, deciding to join the conversation. "What?"

Sairah ignores the boy and keeps her eyes on the older man. "It's time i face the consequences of betraying my commander and my people."

Indra walks back to her with furrowed brows. "Are you sure you're ready, Trikova?"

Kane, too, looks slighlty concerned for the girl's well-being. "Isn't it better if you stay with us for a little longer, Sairah, i mean, you're starting to fit in just right."

The girl shakes her head. "No, Kane of the Sky People, I can no longer be a burden to your people. Besides, i'm not like you and i never will be... Right, Blake?" Sairah gives Bellamy a look before walking away, not waiting for him to speak up. "Let's go, Indra, the commander's waiting."

Indra sighs before giving Kane a small smile. "See you again, Marcus of the Sky People."

Kane returns the gesture. "Yeah."

-

Sairah walks side by side with Indra as they walk through the familiar streets of Polis. This is something she has been waiting for since the fall of Mount Weather, returning to Polis... To Lexa. But now that she's here, her heart beats faster than usual, anxious about what Lexa will do with her once she sees her.

Will she be disappointed in her sister? Will she hate her?

All kinds of questions run through her head giving her a slight headache. Indra notices the way Sairah's eyes move around nervously and the way she plays with her fingers. The woman smiles. "You'll be fine, Trikova."

Sairah looks up when she hears the woman. Sairah shakes her head. "Will I, Indra? I mean, one of the first promises i made to Lexa when she became Commander is that i'll never betray her or her trust and that is exactly what i did. She'll never forgive me."

Indra stops walking, halting the girl next to her too. "She will. It's Lexa, your sister. You both grew up together, fought your first battles together and shared your first victories with each other." The woman smiles down at her. "Believe me when i say this, the commander is waiting for you and will accept you back with open arms."