12. forged in shadows

-FORGED IN SHADOWS-

"because in Trikova's relentless pursuit of death, even shadows cower in her presence."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sairah and Marcus Kane sit next to each other on two chairs in front of Chancellor Pike and Bellamy Blake. After Sairah and Kane were caught by Bellamy and his people, Pike ordered them to be cuffed and to lock them in a room before he joined them.

Sairah looks down at her hands, ignoring the gazes from both Bellamy and Pike. The latter sighs before glancing between the two criminals. "As you know, the terms of martial law and of the exodus charter give me both latitude and ultimate authority in determining your punishments. Do you have anything to say for yourselves?"

Kane is the first to speak up. "I admire your adherence to the rule of law, i really do, but these are times when we have to look beyond the rules... To realize they were established to serve a world of the past, not of the future." Kane looks up at the man. "I beg you one last time... to see the world as it is, not as it was or as you want it to be."

Pike clenches his jaw. "And i hope you believe... That if i thought for one minute that turning myself over to the enemy would secure the safety of our people... i would do it... But only a deluded man would believe that... And only a guilty man would try and tell him so."

Sairah rolls her eyes at him, scoffing at his bullshit. "A man like you would never give himself up, even if it's for the good of his own people." She gives him a glare. "You would rather watch them suffer, than give yourself up."

Pike averts his gaze to the girl when she speaks up. "Is that so... Sairah Kom Trikru?" The said girl looks up at him with a clenched jaw. "I heard quiet a few things about you, little girl. I was told you saved my people in mount weather? Is that true?"

Sairah smirks at him. "Yes... Betrayed my own people for yours."

Pike nods. "I appreciate that... really- but even though Bellamy tried to convince me you had nothing to do with what happened today, i have no other choice..." He looks down at the two people in front of him. Sairah and Kane watch as the man takes a few steps back before crossing his arms. "Marcus Kane and Sairah, for the crimes of treason, kidnapping and attempted murder, i hereby sentence you both to death. Take them."

Sairah looks up at the man with her mouth agape, just like Marcus Kane. The two share an uncomfortable look before Sairah shift her gaze to Bellamy, who's staring at her with wide, guilty eyes. Sairah watches as tears welled up in his eyes when he kept them locked on her.

When someone grabs her arm from behind, she quickly shift her attention to Pike. "Can i atleast see my sister before you kill me?" She asks with hopeful eyes.

Pike shakes his head. "I can't do that." Sairah gulps as the guards take her out of the room with Kane by her side.

-

Clarke looks out of the window from the highest room of Polis. Her eyes furrow when she hears a loud horn. "The conclave must be starting." She mutters. It's been a few hours since Titus took Lexa's body out of the room and locked Clarke and Murphy up.

Murphy, who's laying on the other side of the bed where Lexa took her last breath, looks up at the blonde. "Cool, you see anything?" When Clarke gives him a disapproving look he scoffs. "Oh, come on. Bunch of grounders fighting to the death to see who gets the ai drilled in their brain, that doesn't sound fun to you?"