18. drone

- DRONE -
"she's here!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sairah couldn't help but be captivated by the way the grass gently swayed in front of her. Her mind kept going back to that moment when Bellamy kissed her. He was the reason she was stuck in Arkadia, unable to be there for her sister when she needed her the most. Every feeling she had seemed to revolve around him.

She wondered if things would be different if she had acted differently. Maybe if she had taken the chance to get rid of Bellamy and his group earlier, her Lexa would still be alive. And maybe then, she wouldn't feel so helpless and weak.

As she watched the grass dance in the breeze, Sairah couldn't shake the feeling of regret that weighed heavily on her heart.

As Sairah immersed herself in her thoughts, the sudden arrival of the rover disrupts the quiet atmosphere. Its engine roars as it pulls into camp, carrying Octavia and Monty back. They hurriedly jump out of the vehicle, their expressions serious.

Monty passes by Sairah without saying anything, his face tense with worry. Octavia, on the other hand, gives Sairah a brief nod before hurrying off to catch up with Monty.

Perplexed by their urgency, Sairah follows them with her eyes, her brows furrowed in confusion. "What's going on?" she calls out, her voice carrying across the camp.

Before Octavia can respond, Bellamy emerges from Niylah's house. He looks relieved to see Octavia, immediately checking her for any signs of harm. "You alright, O?" he asks, his concern evident in his tone.

Octavia brushes off Bellamy's concern with an annoyed eye-roll, turning her attention to Sairah. "It's his mom," she explains, her frustration noticeable. "Alie got to her."

The news hit Sairah like a heavy blow, her heart sinking at the thought of Monty's distress. She knew better than anyone else the pain he must be going through.

Sairah clears her throat, signaling for everyone to follow her back to Niylah's house. Monty, who had informed Sinclair of their arrival, takes the lead. "Come on, everyone," Sinclair mumbles, motioning for the group to gather. "We're all set."

As they assemble around Raven, who remains bound, Sinclair begins to explain the plan. "All we need to do is connect her and activate the electromagnet."

Sairah observes as Bellamy and Monty approach Raven to untie her wrists. However, Raven grabs Monty's shirt and pushes him away. "Hold her arm steady," Sairah exhales, her voice tense.

"Keep it still!" Sinclair repeats, hastening to Raven's side.

Raven hesitates briefly before banging her head against the metal bed behind her. "Raven!" Clarke gasps in horror. "Stop!"

"She's trying to kill herself!" Bellamy interjects, his voice filled with concern.

Sairah's mind races as she grasps onto an idea that might halt Raven's destructive course. With determination in her eyes, she strides over to Clarke. "Give me The Flame," she requests urgently.

Clarke's expression fills with concern. "Sairah, you can't--"

"Just hand it over, Clarke," Sairah insists, her impatience evident in her tone.

Taking a deep breath, Clarke hesitantly retrieves the box containing The Flame from her pocket. "Here," she murmurs, passing it to Sairah.

Accepting the box, Sairah opens it and carefully removes The Flame. Holding it up for Raven to see, she addresses her firmly. "Stop and i'll give you this."