Chapter 1

I woke up to an empty bed and I am not surprised

This has been my life for the last five years. My husband and Alpha working late and leaving early.

My son and I rarely gets to meet him.

Although I am used to this,I can't help but get disappointed because left after making love to me.

I think we should take my mom's advice and see a marriage counselor because we are falling apart slowly.

I sometimes think the only reason he is with me is because of our son,Tyral and me being the Luna.

Although he can replace me by marking another female unmated wolf.

My husband,Rhys,is the alpha of the strongest pack in the world,the shadow moon pack. We are unbeatable, never has been and never will be.

We have the biggest land territory and no one dares to trespass.

We have no mercy on rogues, those cunning little fox.

One almost killed my sister but was saved by husband.

That was when we both knew we were mates.

I was 16 and he was 17 by then. Our parents came together and we got married,Rhys became the alpha and I the Luna.

A year later I fell pregnant with my son, everything was perfect until five years ago when things started to fall apart.

I sigh and got out of bed.

Today is a busy day, my sister is getting married to the beta and my husband's best friend.

My sister didn't get the opportunity to find her mate. And according to traditions,all unmated wolves must be married before they turn 25.

She is 24 and has been seeing beta Cole for a while now. She is even carrying his child that is why everything is such in a rush.

I brush my teeth and changed into a sweat pants and black shirt and headed down for breakfast.

I see my son eating alone as usual,he doesn't have school today.

"Good morning baby"I kiss his hair and ruffle it.

He groans,

"Mom ,I am not a baby anymore,I am 9"he whines.

"Well you'll always be my baby"I say and he glares at me playfully.

Tyral is his father's photo but with my hair, dirty blond.

I love him with my entire heart and I am going to protect him at all cost.

"When are we leaving mom?"he asks

"Right after breakfast. You'll be with your father at the pack house and I'll be with granny and aunt Eliana"I tell him,