Chapter 3

I once heard someone say we're all just one phone call away from ourdamnation

damnation

It's the absolute truth. My voice comes out in a shaky whisper when I ask,

"Are they okay?"

I wait for the nurse on the other end of the line to tell me that they
will be fine.

But all I get is a long stretch of silence. It feels like someone is wringing my spine. I want to double over from the pain, but the pain isn't physical,it is far from that.

"Can you please make it to the hospital"the nurse says after a few seconds of silence.

"I...I'll be there in an hour"I say and hanged up.

I rushed out of the house with the children in my arms.

I called my mom and Cole on my way, telling them to shift and meet me there. It will be faster anyway.

I drove like a maniac, taking the shortest road possible.

An hour later I was at the hospital,I rush to the reception,not even noticing my parents and Cole are behind me.

I am worried about two things,
1. Their lives

2. Their identity.

Werewolf have a different kind of genes,so different from humans.

"Hi, how may I help you?"the nurse asks

"I am Casma,Casma Dores,I received a call that my husband and sister have been brought here"I rant.

"Oh okay,yeah,they are both in the emergency room. You need wait for them. Take a turn down the hall,there is door to your left,that is emergency waiting room. You can wait for the doctor there"she says and handed some files over for me to sign.

I did and we went to the emergency waiting area.

Something is still not adding up as I pace back and forth.

"Why was Eliana and Rhys in the same car. They couldn't have possibly happened to be in the same place at the same time. This isn't right"I tell my parents but no one said anything.

Mom continued to rock Rhynara while dad had Tyral on his lap.

.

The door opens and a doctor along with nurse comes out,both looking tired.

"Mrs.Dores"the doctor calls out and I was Infront of him within a second.

"How are they? How is my husband?"I asked my voice shaking with fear.

"I am sorry but we did everything we could"he says with a sigh and I fall on my knees.

"Is my husband dead?"I son