Chapter 10 (teaser)

"Okay,I am ready to meet them"I tell Lilac after opening the stuff room door wide open

She looks up from the  computer with a bright smile on her face.

"Great. Just give me a second"she says and I nod.

"Just as a reminder,do not let my father intimidate you. He maybe cold on the outside but once you get to know him and work with him, you'll see a big softly he is"she smiles and leads the way.

We took the escalator as usual and went to last floor.

I remember she saying there were only three offices here but I see four.

Maybe she forgot to mention it.

"This is my office"she says pointing to a lilac color decorated door.

"Hence I understand your name"I tease and she chuckles.

"This is Zia's office but she mostly spends her time with my dad in his office"she says and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Are they perhaps together? I don't mean to pry but just in case"I ask.

"Nope,dad has a strict no dating in the office policy. But I have feeling it is going to change"she says the last part softly, like she didn't want me to hear.

"Okay"

"Brace yourself "she says and then knocks on the door.

Seconds later a gruff voice says to come in.

At the far end is back oak desk with two big chairs Infront and one is been occupied by a lady.

Beside the desk is a man wearing a black suit contrasting to grey environment.

The man looks up and I recognize the face. It is the man in the elevator.

But what is he doing in the Boss's seat.

"Hey dad"Lilac smiles happily and my mouth almost fell on the floor.

The man,what was his name again.....Archie. Yeah, Archie smiles at Lilac,it was a loving smile,the one I usually give to my son.

Why didn't I see this before,I mean,why didn't I see this in the elevator. He and Lilac have the same eyes and smile. They practically look like twins.

Lilac goes to stand beside her father and I stand awkwardly in the middle of the room, fiddling with my dress.

"And who is this mediocrely dressed woman"the lady from before says looking up and down at me with a furrow eyebrow.

Full Chapter available on my Patreon.

Thank you.