5

Ona's POV

"Ona! Wake up." Aitana laughed as she threw a pillow at me.

"Ugh why are you waking me up like this?" I groaned rolling over in my bed.

"Well I did let you sleep in atleast?" She smiled standing above me.

"Puta." I shoved her away as I got out of her bed. She never sleeps in. She's insane.

"Do you still remember her?"

"And who would you be referring to?" I turned to her confused on the question. What or should I say who is she referring to right now?

"Come on you know I'm talking about that one Australian girl during the World Cup. You know the one wearing the Barcelona jersey then you had your cute little coffee date. What she already left your mind?" I smiled to myself. I'm surprised that Aitana remembered her. I definitely hadn't forgotten her yet. How could I?

There was something so captivating about her. She's wrapped around my mind.

"Of course I'm still thinking about her a little bit, but I'm not obsessed with her."

"Never said that..."

"Be honest did something not seem special about her?" I looked over at Aitana who gave a small shrug. I mean we met in the weirdest fashion and I have no idea who she even is, but she knows and if she wanted to find me she probably could.

"What are the chances you two ever see each other ever again though? Maybe the next world cup." Aitana laughed but I sat there with a small frown.

She's right I'll never even see her again. She's remarkable, but she's going to stay on my mind for awhile. I'll have to move on because I'm not going to see her again. Not matter how much I wish I could.

She was so beautiful and kind. She was understanding too. I lied straight to her face and she just found it funny. She understood my situation somehow. She didn't seem to treat me any different even after she found out that I'm a World Cup champion football player.

"Let's go grab coffee." Aitana popped her head back into the room with a smile.

"Yes ma'am."

I always drive when its Aitana and me. Better that way honestly, because Aitana Bonmati is a horrible driver. She literally terrifies me.

"Hmm am I feeling a mocha or just a regular latte today." Aitana scrolled through her phone as we drove into town. Oddly enough the coffee shop was right outside the hotel franchise that we stayed in at the World Cup. The guy who owns is has a daughter who loves soccer apparently so they have season tickets and we have discounted hotel stays.

"Hurry up Batlle."

"Why are you always going so fast?!"

"You're just slow."

"Ona?" I turned around and my jaw dropped. There's no way. There's genuinely no way.

"Ona, want to introduce me to your friend?" Aitana appeared beside me as I stood speechless in front of the Australian girl.

"Umm Amelia, this is my bestfriend Ai-."

"Aitana Bonmati? Yeah I was at the game Ona-or should I say Ona Batlle world class full back." She smiled as she rested on her right foot.

"Hi Aitana. I'm Amelia its so nice to meet you." She shook Aitana's hand lightly and turned back to me.

"What are the chances I can catch you for another coffee?" She smiled nervously awaiting an answer.

"We would absolutely love to." Aitana answered before I could even process anything. I was baffled by the fact that she was actually here.

"You're in Barcelona?"

Jesus christ. Why can't I speak?! No shit she's in Barcelona. We're both here standing in fucking Barcelona, Ona you dumbass.

"I believe so?"

"I-I meant what are you doing here?!"

"My father brought me along on a work trip. Besides I love coming to Spain?" She gave a small shrug as we walked up to order.

"Oh so you come to Spain a lot?" Aitana asked her looking over at me with a big smile.

"Well Europe as a whole, but yeah I spend quite the amount of time over here." She looked away to study the menu. Of course Aitana used the opportunity to shake her hands excited. I mouthed a quick stop right before Amelia turned back around.

"It is odd...that we've now randomly seen each other this many times. I mean in Australia I figured maybe you were stalking me, but this is your home now so its just a fun coincidence." She glanced back at me and I gave a silent nodd.

"Seems like Ona's forgotten how to speak today. I think that its cool your paths keep intertwining. Maybe its fate or something for you to be friends."

"Yeah friends..." Again her eyes moved back over to focus on the menu.

"So you obviously know that Ona and I play soccer. Do you have any fun hobbies or occupations to share?"

"I like cars." She gave a small shrug as we took a seat at a table.

"Thats cool...anything specific about cars?" Aitana asked reeling for more information. Amelia gave a small head shake as she unlocked her phone.

"I'm sorry I have to take this." She excused herself from the table for a moment. Aitana turned to me with a big smile.

"Hmm she is so cute! Ask her out or I'm asking her out for you." My eyes grew large as I violently shook my head.

"Fri and Ingrid are here I'll leave you to it!" Aitana bounced from the table leaving me frantically desperate to figure out what to say. I want to ask her out, but I can't stand to see myself get rejected.

"Hey sorry about that. Where did Aitana go?" She looked around confused.

"Two of our teammates showed up so she left us here to chat alone I suppose...so do you have plans tonight?"

"Are you asking me on date?" I blushed at her question that we both knew the answer to.

"I would like to have dinner with you...I suppose we could call it a date." I shrugged not wanting to seem suspenseful of her response to the question.

"Oh its not a date...hmm here I thought-."

"Will you go on a date with me tonight?" I interrupted her anxiously.

"I think I can clear my schedule for that to happen." She smiled at me and rested her hand on her hand as we continued small talk for awhile.

I have a date tonight...