9

Amelia's POV

"Hey you." I smiled as I watched Ona approach the track.

"Hello, hello. It's nice to see you again." She looked around shyly examining the cars and the other workers.

"I would hug you, but I'm kind of gross right now." I laughed lightly, but to my surprise she stepped forward to give me a light hug anyways.

"It almost like you forget I'm an athlete too. I'm definitely more sweaty after a game."

"This is practice Ona. Trust me I'm utterly disgusting. Do you know how hot it is in a formula car?" I smiled a little bit too excited to rant about racing.

"Do tell." I blushed at the football players answer. She could probably tell by my face that I wanted to tell her about everything.

"The cockpit reaches up to 60 degrees! Its a sauna in those cars. Not to mention the amount of stress on the drivers body from the amount of g forces we go through. The acceleration and breaking isn't even the hardest part honestly its probably the corners, but we have custom fit seats...I'm rambling sorry."

"I was interested thought. Keep going." She grabbed my helmet from me with a smile. God I just met this girl and everytime she gives me that smile I melt. Despite not understanding a single thing she sat there invested in every word that left my mouth.

"Do you want to do something crazy?" I looked at her with a devious smile as I pulled her towards the garage.

"What are we doing?" Her soft giggle was so cute as I grabbed my extra suit. Ona was slightly taller than me, but the suit would still fit her fine.

"And what am I supposed to do with this?"

"Put it on and get in the car with me?"

"The racecar?!"

"No the 15 passenger van parked outside-yes the racecar Ona! I want you to experience the track." I held her right hand in front of us as I waited for her answer.

"Okay, I trust you...."

"And yet you don't sound like you do. Come on I promise you'll be fine. If you get scared I will slow down."

"There's no fun in that is there?" She sent a smile gaining a little bit of confidence back as we got into one of the two seater race cars. I was so excited to drive her.

I walked to the passenger side with a helmet in my hand as she climbed into the unfamiliar carbon bucket seats. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I tightened the five point harness around the football player. Her eyes locked on my face as I helped her. I took a quick glance outside of the car, but two engineers were messing with the other vehicle. As I went to hand her the helmet I leaned in connecting our lips for a brief moment.

"And what was that for?"

"The confidence boost?"

"I've seen you drive Amelia...sitting in this car in itself amazes me. But just so you know you never need a reason to kiss me."

"Noted."

"Let's get on that track now before I change my mind." Ona giggled before slipping the helmet on her head.

I quickly did the same before jumping into the drivers seat and pulling out onto the track. As soon as we were safely rolling on the track I dropped a gear and took off down the straight. I was able to steal a small glance of the defender who was holding on for dear life.

"How are you holding up?"

"How fast are we going?"

"We hit 310 kilometers."

"Oh my god I'm going to die!" She giggled as we took on some of the turns. I only took her through a handful of laps before pulling the car back through the pitlane. She did a small cheer as I brought the car to a halt.

"That was insane!"

"Did you like it?" I pulled my helmet off and unhooked my harness before helping her with hers.

"I didn't know that's what 300 kilometers would feel like. Oh my goodness Amelia that was amazing!" I pulled her out of the car as she wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Amelia, who is this?"

"Umm dad I didn't know you would be here...this umm this is my friend Ona Batlle. She plays for Barcelona Femeni."

"Football? So how did you two meet?"

"The World Cup...umm dad I wasn't aware you were coming tonight. I invited Ona so she could experience racing like this. I promise I practiced for most of the day."

"As if you'd ever not focus on racing. Ona, it is nice to meet you. Its not often that I meet any of Amelia's friends." My dad was being so nice about this...

"Ona actually won the World Cup recently dad. You know when it was going on in Australia." I mentioned as Ona blushed shyly.

"Maybe she can rub off on you for your next season. Amelia is championship material too. She's predicted to be the possible new Formula 2 champion. I'm so proud of her so far-enough about her though tell me about yourself." Any time my father could brag about my achievements he did.

I loved racing, but the way he supported me was genuinely unmatched. He loves seeing how happy I am behind the wheel. It was so nice to see him interested in Ona's career as well. He's never taken any interest in other sports before.

"Barcelona and Spain are the best teams in the world right now!" I interrupted before Ona could speak.

"How old are you Ona? You've been playing most of your life I assume."

"Yes sir I have played since I was five years old. I grew up around Barcelona so I went through one of the best academies. I am twenty four now." She spoke shyly and attempted to pronounce the English words as best as possible.

"That's lovely. I've had her in the drivers seat since she was around four years old. You have to start em young nowadays."

"I was already setting records by the time I was five." I teased him as he gave a nodd.

"I was just coming to see how lap times are going and Carlos said you did absolutely amazing in the car today. I would offer you to go to dinner, but I'll let you hangout with your new friend. Call me if you need anything, I love you." He came over and kissed my forehead before leaving the track.

"So if you're free tonight would you like to catch dinner with me?" I leaned back against the car waiting for her answer.

"I'd love that...umm. Yeah shall we get going then?" She seemed to want to ask or say something but she hesitated.

"You can ask me or say it Ona."

"Would you maybe like to meet some of my friends while you're in Spain?" I smiled as I pulled her in for a hug.

"Ona, I would love to."

I would love to do anything but that...

A\N: Which friends shall she meet?