6

Ona's POV

"I have a date tonight?!" I ran over to Aitana, Fridolina, and Ingrid panicked. I cannot believe that Aitana basically got me a date tonight.

"Wait what?!" Fridolina slammed her drink down in shock.

"I met this girl at the World Cup and we just ran into each other again. Aitana told me I should ask her out-I have a date tonight!" I smiled wide excited.

"Aww congrats Ona we're all happy for you."  Ingrid gave me a smile. I already joked that Mapi was my dad and Ingrid is my mom on the team of course sharing joint custody with Alexia.

One of the funniest things we see on social media is these wholesome videos of Mapi and Ingrids relationship then boom frame zooms out and Aitana is there. Somehow Aitana is always there so she is the honorary child of the players.

"Are you nervous?"

"Honestly I think I'm more excited than anything. I really like her. Aitana will tell you two its like fate. The way the two of us keep crossing paths just feels like its meant to be." I breathed out happy. I felt like I was floating. I haven't felt this type of Euphoria ever maybe.

Of course I've been happy lately. I've won the World Cup. I'm returning home to Barcelona. I'm back with my best friend which really made me happy. And now I have a girl who could really complete it all.

"Awww look at you!" Aitana squeezed my cheek and giggled.

"I know being happy its crazy."

"Not just being happy little O you're falling for that girl." Ingrid smiled as she rest her chin on her hand.

"I think we will see what happens after my date tonight." I told them to close the conversation topic.

She gave me her number, but I didn't want to seem over eager. She was so relaxed at all times. I mean as an athlete I typically had that attitude, but I couldn't help myself around her. I felt this new type of buzz.

I do need to text her soon. We didn't exactly discuss what our date should be. I mean or even if it is actually a date. Maybe we're just calling this a date, but in reality it could just be two girls going to grab a meal together and becoming friends.

"You're overthinking about your date tonight." Aitana broke me out of thoughts.

"Not exactly."

"You know I do like the girl, but she seems...vague. Something about her is a mystery. Girls like that can be fun." What is that supposed to mean?

"What Aitana is saying is that sometimes its better for us to take a leap into the unknown. You don't have to know everything or plan everything. Sometimes just going with the flow is better." Ingrid told me to ease my nerves a bit.

"Says the one who goes from one neck tattoo to the other." Rolfo teased her and received a playful slap as the three girls laughed together.

"You do seem to follow a trend don't you?" I poked at the Norwegian's taste in women.

"Mapi and I are the happiest girl's on earth. I think you should go in with that mindset. Amelia could be the one for you." Ingrid's words seem to help the best for me.

"I need to text her to figure out the plans for tonight...what should I say?"

"Aye mami let me slide tonight." Mapi snuck up behind me and made the table burst out in laughter.

"That is no where near what you are saying."  Ingrid rolled her eyes as leaned over to kiss Maria on the cheek.

"Just send a text saying this, hey it was great to run into you again. What were you thinking about doing together tonight?"

I did as Ingrid said. Nervously my hands were able to send the text. I didn't want to wait for answer. Maybe I should just put my phone down.

"She text back!" I looked at the screen excited as her name popped up.

"Read the fucking text Batlle." Aitana told me anxiously.

"She said: wear something comfortable I'll see you seven. Send me a good address to come pick you up from. So do I send her where I live or like do I...what do I do?"

"Why don't you send her our address. Mapi and I will prep you for the date." I gave Ingrid's hand a small squeeze as we talked away for awhile longer.

~~~~~~~

"Tonight's going to be amazing Ona." Mapi gave me a tight hug as she walked by.

"I know I know. I just don't want to wait any longer. I just want to see her already!" I groaned as I waited for the Australian girl to arrive.

"Wait we get to meet her right?!" Ingrid slid into the room with an excited look. I guess since I'm here and semi using them as an excuse I should introduce them. Besides then they can both get a read on her and let me know what they think.

"Someone's at the door." Mapi looked over at me with a devious smile as she sprinted towards the door.

"Hola! You must be Amelia." Mapi and Ingrid answered the door as I anxiously made my way over after them.

"It's so nice to meet you." She gave each of them a small hug then a large smile took over her face as she saw me.

"Hey Ona."

"Nice to see you Aussie." I stepped forward pulling her into a hug as well.

"Shall we get going?"

"What's this plan on yours anyways?" I asked her curiously as we exited the residence of our favorite Barcelona couple.

"Well you know how I told you I like cars? I want to take you karting. I saw what its like to be in your world why not give you a glance at mine."

"Going to be a shame if I beat you."

"I guess we shall see." She told me confidently but very lowkey at the same time.

"Do you race?"

"Casually..." She gave me a small smile as the driver drove us to whichever place she decided on. The two of us had easy small talk the whole way there.

Please let this be a good date.

A\N: How do we think the date will go?