7

Ona's POV

"And you're sure that you will not be upset when I beat you right?" I playfully smiled as she shook her head.

"I'm not too afraid of losing to you."

"I'm glad you've come to-wait...what's that supposed to mean?" I looked at her as muffled a small laugh walking away from me. I followed her into the karting place. It seemed really cool.

"Here, this should fit you." She pulled a helmet out of the bag that she had brought in with her from the car.

"You have your own helmet?" I looked at her confused and she shrugged.

"I like to go karting."

"But you don't live here...you travel with your helmets?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"So many questions Batlle."

"This looks like a really nice helmet."

A small smile pulled at her face as she pulled an even nicer one out of the bag. The worker at the track seemed to know her oddly enough. He lead us over to the briefing room and she looks over at me with a small smile before turning around pulling a sleeve over her head and putting the racing helmet on then a pair of gloves.

"Are you setting me up...I don't know your last name?" I quirked my head to the side as I pulled the helmet on.

"Hilton."

"Amelia Hilton, kind of like the hotel."

"Ready to race?" I could tell she was smiling by the squint of her eyes. It was the only part of her face now visible to me.

"Let me help you." She took a step forward to help tighten the helmet strap for me. I had no idea how to.

"I feel like I should be scared?" She didn't answer me all she did was close her visor then mine before leading me over to the karts.

"Have you ever raced in real karts before?" The worker asked me as we both took a seat. They were real race karts not just the type you rent for fun.

"Amelia are you sure about this?!"

"You'll be fine. Just move over when you hear me coming up behind you." Once again she slammed the visor down and pulled the bright racing gloves to be more snug on her hands. What the hell did I get myself into...?

~~~~~~~~~~post races~~~~~~~~~~

"What the hell?! Why are you so good at driving?!" I smiled wide and she hopped out of the kart. The helmet then head sleeve being pulled over her head to reveal a big smile.

"I think it's only fair that if I know you're secret you know mine?" She walked closer to undo my helmet or should I say hers.

"Well I have a hunch on what it could be."

"I race for a living."

"You're a professional racer car driver?!"

"Potentially."

"For what team?" I smiled wide as she lead me away from the track.

"Well I'm currently a Mercedes academy formula 2 driver and I occasionally race for the porsche FIA endurance team...I'm sure you don't know what any of that is though." She laughed as we went to sit down. The two of us extremely tired from racing.

Well I was extremely tired from racing. For her this must have been childs play. It explained the helmets and the skill and well choice of a date.

"So are you really here on business with your father?" She shook her head watching as other people began racing on the track.

"I guess partially yes. He is here on business, but so am I." She pulled up a picture of a Lamborghini race car.

"That's why you're here?"

"I came to train in a new style of racing. I'm down at the Barcelona track. I'm here for a few more days so I was thinking maybe we would see each other again after tonight..."

"I really like you Amelia." Oh shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to-." She smiled before leaning forward and gently placing her lips on mine. It was short and sweet, but god was it amazing.

"I like you too Ona. I'm just not sure what to do about this. You're a professional football player who travels the world and trains all the time. I'm a professional driver who does the same. I don't see how we'd really ever see each other." She frowned as she grabbed my hand and held is softly.

"Well if I have learned anything about playing professionally it is that somehow so many players find a way to see their girlfriends or boyfriends then I could too. Besides distances just means that the time we would get together would be that much better. I get it though." I squeezed her hand as she watched the karts zoom by.

"You think it would work?"

"Do you like me?"

"I'd say so." She blushed lightly looking at our hands.

"I like you."

"Okay?"

"I say we try. The worst that happens is that we have to stay friends until maybe one day we can be more." Her eyes seemed to brighten as she looked over at me. A toothless wide smile on her face showed me the hope she had.

"Okay then I think you should probably ask me something?" I need to ask?

"Yeah actually I was going to ask you in the third corner how heavy were you on the brake because I couldn't seem to figure that one out." I teased her as she playfully pushed my shoulder back.

"That was not the question!" She giggled leaning back in her chair.

"Amelia Hilton will you be my girlfriend?"

"I think I'd really like that. Should we get out of here before I'm tempted to embarrass you on that track again?" I nodded as we jumped up and left the karting facility.

"Do me a favor though...keep my secret?"

"You don't want my friends to know you're a driver? Wouldn't they find out?" I laughed a little confused.

"Our relationship...I have a lot of eyes on me and I'm not sure how my dad will feel about my focus being on anything but racing."

"Oh..."

"Is that an issue with you?" She looked at me confused and I shook my head. I just entered a new team as well I should probably keep this under wraps as well.

"Should I take you back to your friends house?" She seemed to be a little uncomfortable now.

"I get it. We're just starting things anyways." I assured her and she seemed relieved. I'm just not sure how I felt about that comment.