VI

CHAPTER 6

I had woken up in a white room and to the sound of beeping. I was clueless until my eyes unblurred. I could feel they were swollen, I must have been crying a lot the night before.

I looked around and realized I was in a hospital. I had random things attached to me and my body felt weak. I could barely hear mumbling going on near the door I spotted. It opened and in walked a doctor. He smiled. "You are awake. Mind if I do a check-up?"

I sat in silence... My face went white as I watched the shadow of a demon before the figure walked in behind the doctor. The man who had stolen my baby was right there, next to the doctor.

The doctor comes closer. I start moving, feeling what was attached to me making it a bit harder to move. "Why is he here? Get him out of here!" I croaked.

"Ma'am you need to calm down," The doctor hushed. I squirmed roughly trying to get out of bed only to notice I was tied down. I burst into tears. The doctor grabs a syringe filled with an unknown liquid before jabbing it into my arm.

"Please sir, I need your help, he's gonna kill me," I whimpered.

I started screaming and fighting with the straps I was attached to. I tried so hard to get out of the restraints. I was kicking my legs praying my arms would just rip off so I could run.

"Please, please, please."

Please.

"I need to go, I need to find her. Where did you take her!" I exclaimed glaring at him, I was grinding my teeth so hard I was gonna file them down to the gum. Margot walked in. I calmed. "Margot help me please," I cried.

She just stared at me. "Margot... Please, he's gonna hurt me!" I screamed. My heart was racing. I was going to have a heart attack if I kept going.

I breathed heavily. My stomach stung, my eyes more though. I shook, and my body felt weak. I eventually laid back still conscious but unable to move.

Why couldn't I move?

"I am so sorry doc," Cathán started. "Where is my daughter?" I rasped. "Somewhere safe... From you," The doctor said. I'm confused. When have I ever put my daughter in danger?

"I wanna see her. Let me see her," I cried. "I am so sorry, I didn't know," Margot said to Cathán. What didn't she know? She knew everything.

What lie did he tell them?!

I was getting infuriated. I wanted to kill him for taking my daughter away from me. He took her from where her home was. "She seemed so normal," Margot mumbled.

"I know, I'm sorry you've had to deal with her, but we've got this from here," Cathán said. "You lying bastard, you lying bastard... You lying bastard... You should die... And I shall... Be.... The... One to... Kill.... You."

My body shut down.

Everything went black. I was in the darkness... All alone again. What was going on and why did they believe me? That stupid doctor and his stupid syringe I had so much more to say to that asshole.

I felt like screaming but nothing was coming out. I felt like I was walking around in a pit of nothingness... Blank, nothing there. I wasn't at peace but I was at the same time.

I knew I wasn't dead. I've been in this state of mind before, where I was unconscious but very much still alive. I couldn't explain it.

Something bad was going to happen.

What felt like an eternity was probably mere hours as light started to come back and my body woke back up. I was in the same place. Why was I here... And why is Margog not helping me?

I want help.

I need my daughter back. Something extremely bright flashes into my eye then the other once it stops and my vision clears I see the doctor. He was checking the pupil dilation.

I still couldn't move, as if my body had a boulder on top of it. I look over and see that evil bastard sitting in the corner chair. "Die," I said while staring at him.

He looked up from the papers he had in his hand, placing them down on the table beside him. He got up and started coming toward me.

My body could now move and it didn't like him coming near me. I scrambled, I was still chained to the stupid bed but I think I can get out this time. I know I can't but I have to believe in myself.

"Please Doctor, he's going to hurt me really bad, please?" I whimpered. Cathán's hand moved to my cheek, and my body froze but not in the way I'd hoped. He moved it to the other cheek and made me look at him. I wanted him dead.

"We are trying to help you... And your sickness," He said in a soft tone.

My body was wobbling gradually from side to side. "What... Sickness?" I asked right before I smashed my head into his face, he stumbled back and my vision went white. That hurt.

I start crying. He covers his nose as I see blood run down his face. He walks over to the same table he placed papers on and grabs a tissue.

He wipes his face before walking over to me with fresh tissues and wiping my head gently. What is going on here? When I see the tissue again it's covered in blood. He tosses it into the bin. "You ran off with your daughter," The doctor tells me.

"What lies have you been telling them?" My head cranks in his direction. "It's all true, especially since your past documents have been found," The doctor said.

"I'm not here to hurt you, I am here to make sure you and our daughter are safe," Cathán said and moved my hair from my face, I went to go and bite his hand but he quickly snatched it away.

"The only way we are safe is away from you," I spat. "It's the other way around actually, but I am not leaving here without you, I want you to be your old self," he says. "This isn't you Maple, this isn't my sweet lovely girl, I know that car crash took a lot of you from us but you need to understand I want nothing but the best for you."

"You were always a lying piece of shit," I said and felt my eyes water. "Please... Please just let me see her let me know she is okay by seeing her."

"I just need to know she is okay... Please... Please..."

"I'll do anything, just please don't hurt her, she's the only thing in this world I need, I had so many plans for us, and I wanted to do so many things with her."

"You ran off with her telling me you were going to kill her," He said.

My face whitened. "I did not, you are putting words into my mouth, you are trying to make me look like the bad guy when we know exactly who is."

The doors opened. "Daddy." I felt ill. I felt like I was going to die right here from what I was about to see.

My little girl.

My baby runs up to that monster... Happily and he lifts her. She looks concerned when she sees his nose. Of course, she would be concerned my little girl cares so much.

She looks at me, I feel a sort of relief seeing that she looks healthy.

And happy.

Until she looks at me in a way that frightens me. A person walked in behind her, a policewoman. Clementine... I will get us out of this, I don't know what he's done to you but he is a liar.

I am the good one here.