VIII

CHAPTER 8

When I woke up this time, I was in a place I knew. I was in my bedroom. The window was open the breeze making my lace curtains blow. I heard birds, some were singing some were flying.

I was at home.

But I was going to seep into the satisfaction I felt from being here. I was in my Victorian nightgown. It was white and comfortable. My bed was warm and soft.

I moved to lay flat before sitting up and that's when I saw him. My breathing stops, my stomach flutters, and I pull the covers off. He was in my old reading chair holding a book and glasses in his other hand.

But he was asleep, he looked so at peace as he slept, the book he was holding was one of my favorites... I usually get him to read it to me as he laid beside me after he would kiss me on the cheek before retiring to his bedroom.

We never shared a bedroom because I wanted my own space, I wanted my own part of the house to turn to when I wanted time to myself. There were nights when we'd share a bed, those nights were filled with unforgettable moments of bliss. I look at the bedside table. My pills were there and a letter.

I grabbed the letter and opened the page from being folded in half.

Please forgive me, my dear, I had to get you to take them so you weren't hurting, it was damaging me seeing you that way. When you wake if I am asleep please wake me up so I can make breakfast and talk with you. I love you.

- Cathán

I'm trying to recall the things that have happened. I forgot to take my pills again, didn't I? How long had I been out of it for? Did I do something really bad? I got out of the bed and quickly made it. I then began to slowly approach him. I move my hand down to gently grab the book from him and place it on the dresser.

I put his glasses there as well before I gently move to sit on him before moving his hair from his face. His breathing became more tamed which meant he was waking. I softly shook him and as I did his eyes gradually opened.

He looked so tired. "Such a pleasant surprise to wake up to," He whispered, his voice husky, filled with tiredness. I giggled. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did, but I know you didn't Mister, you should go rest," I sighed and he stood up all while putting me in a position to carry me. "But I've missed you."

He hugged me tightly as if I hadn't been here for a while. I was confused but hugged just as tight back. I missed him in a way as well. "I'll only go back to sleep if you are," he tested knowing I was wide awake.

"We have a lot to talk about at breakfast, so I'll take a nap later, just for you, okay?" he kissed my forehead and I nodded. "What is there to talk about?"

"Exactly why we are having this talk because I know you don't remember," he said, he generally looked sad and it was breaking my heart. I must have done something really bad. I must have had another episode and hurt someone. I feel terrible.

I frown at him. "Baby please don't look at me like that," He said. "You forgot my morning kiss," I said and glared harder at him, his face cleared up. He is so tall my fear of heights will get triggered if he lifts me any higher.

I'm being dramatic but being my height compared to a man his height it's a scenic difference.

He's looking at me as if we hadn't kissed in years and he has been waiting for the moment to be able to share that again. "I am so sorry baby, I promise you I didn't forget," he responded.

I leaned down and pressed my lips against his. He kissed me eagerly back. His hands squeezed my sides as his arms were wrapped fully around me.

His lips were as soft as they usually were. His skill was tremendous as well. How the touch of them makes me weak. I moved one hand down his back and the other combed through his hair. I pulled back but his mouth chased mine.

I giggled and welcomed him again. "Mmm... Maybe going back to bed wouldn't be so bad," I rasped, barely parting our lips, feeling my body heating from his touch. "I'd love to, but this talk is important."

He let me down, now I was looking up at him. I always loved that. "Okay, I'm hungry anyway," I said, and he pulled me in to hug him again. He seemed in a snuggly mood today. He's never been this cuddly before. What's gotten into him?

"You want your favorite?" He asked. "My favorite... I sadly have to wait for," I joked. That made him chuckle.

"Later, I promise."

"I'm not mad, I enjoy watching you cook, and yes, I would like my favorite." he pecked my cheek and walked out of the room. I followed behind him. When we reached the kitchen he stopped to give me yet another hug.

I hummed and took in his scent. He smelt so good but it was just his scent nothing more, no cologne just what he smelt like, like the smell of him when he's freshly showered.

But I would still love the smell of him even if he was sweaty from being outside in the sun working on some project. I wanna know what he's working on today, maybe I'll watch.

He looks so good when he's sweaty and making something or doing something around the yard, he somehow makes gardening a turn-on.

"We don't have to have this talk... Unless I hurt you... I'd much rather forget," I said. "It did hurt me," he said, and I felt my heart break. What did I do?

"You want your tea as well?" he asked and pulled away. "Yes please," I replied and watched him roll up his sleeves, he had a large cut up his arm. I gasped. "What happened?"

"I'll mention it in the talk," He said. "Did I hurt you?" I asked and felt my eyes water. I felt my heart beating rapidly as if I had just been caught stabbing someone. "Like I said, we'll talk about this during breakfast." I clenched my dress and walked over to the dining table.

What did I do this time?