7

Warning ⚠️
I make up some stuff

|| Means narration
" " Means talking
' ' Means whispering
// // Means thoughts
* * Means an action

Enjoy!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Jaekyung's POV

We were on our way back and the coach was watching the match in full volume...

"JOO JAEKYUNG! JUST LIKE THAT, ANOTHER WIN!"

Cheers could be heard in the background.

"Today's match was truly one for the books!
A clean K.O. from Joo, knocking out his opponent with a front kick!"

"Joo Jaekyung looked like he was in peak condition today...

... And he did not disappoint! We'll be seeing replays of that for years!"

"You got that right!
Just another reminder of this player's seemingly endless potential! A true genius of mixed martial arts!"

"Man, could we get that replay back up? I could watch it all night!"

"Jaekyung, you were incredible today! I couldn't be happier!"

"Your training was no different from usual, though... What's got you in such peak form today? Did you do something special?" Namwook hyung asked.

I smirk to myself as the two physical therapists came to my mind.

"Oh, i just tried something new."

//Yes. This is exactly what i was looking for.
I've tried all kinds of variations until now...
... But none of them have ever put me in the zone like this.//

"Hyung, listen. Those new physical therapists, i wanna hire them as my private physio."

"Ooh! Really? That's great!
We've been bringing you the best in the industry, and you never liked any of those guys..!
Is it because there's a girl this time? Hehe."

I looked at him, annoyed.

"I'll give them a call!"

.
.
.
.
.

||A week later...

Third person POV

It's been a few hours and Jaekyung has called at least 10 times every hour, yet Dan hasn't answered his calls, nor did he call back to agree to doing the job.

Jaekyung is getting angrier by the second, and for the millionth time today, he turned off his phone and made his way towards the coaches office.

Jaekyung slams the door open.
"Hyung!"

Said man jumped a bit, he was enjoying a bowl of Jajangmyeon with a plate of tteokbokki and sausages and a bowl of kimchi soup.

"Kim Dan. Has he returned your calls yet?"

"Nope, not yet. You've asked, like, a million times. I sent him the contract and stuff on messenger. He hasn't replied yet but it says he read it."

"Are you sure he got it? It's been a week! Why hasn't he replied?!
Do you not have that girl's number??"

"Well, Doc Dan told me they both work together so there wasn't a need to get her number as well...

... And, we made him a good offer, for that kind of pay I'm sure he'll at least consider it. Right?"

"Fuck this, how long am i supposed to just wait?"