It's like deep red.

April 1995, Woodsboro, CA.

"Billy?"

I took my head out of my hands and looked up at Stu, who a second ago was exhilarated now looked concerned.

"Stu" I stared into his eyes, they were searching mine trying to understand my expression. Something many people seem to struggle with.

"I was thinking you took them pills because of me, because I kissed you and stuff. I thought maybe he ain't that way, you know? But you obviously liked it man-"

I rolled my eyes "Stuart, to the point?"

"Well you did.. so then I got thinking you just didn't accept that you was a fag or whatever. Felt bad for Sid but now I know it's just"

"Just? You're okay with it? This doesn't freak you out?" even my voice sounds drained, my mind feels like it's slowed down. Come to a normal level almost, it must be the shock.

I had played out this whole conversation in my head again and again, for months and in every interpretation it ended with Stu being afraid of me with him telling me to stay away from him. I couldn't live with that. That's why I took all them meds. I thought it was easier then having Stu see me for who I really am.

But here we are, with me seeing Stu for who he really was too.

"Dude, I've been in therapy since first grade. I've got my own issues" He smiled and knelt down so we were eye level.

"I'm not gonna lie and say this" I point at me then him "still isn't weird but god do I like it. I just thought you wouldn't want anything to do with me once you knew what my mind was like. That was what I didn't want to face" I look at him, his blue eyes and down to his lips. Could a psychopath feel this way about a person? Perhaps if they're a psychopath too? I lean closer to him and rub my thumb along his bottom lip. He looks at my hand and then kisses the back of it gently before springing up and pulling me up along with him.

"You showed me yours now I gotta show you mine" He smirks and winks at me.

"Show me what? We've both already seen each others" I smirk back with my one sided smile.

"My mind, man" Stu takes hold of my wrist and practically drags me out of the living room, I don't try to stop him but something tells me I couldn't even if I wanted too. He keeps hold of my wrist and leads me up the stairs and then up another set which I'm not as familiar with, the ones to the attic. He lowers his head as he steps through the attic door which was slightly lower because of the angle of the roof. We stepped into the darker room and Stu drops my wrist to feel around for the light switch.

"Just wait man, you're gonna love it" As the door shuts obscuring all the light from the house, Stu pulls at the light switch. It flickers on and it takes a second for my eyes to adjust. All I can see is junk and clutter. A cabinet full of more junk, an old battered couch and something right off to the side in my vision. Legs? I stand back and look up to see a hanging doll from the ceiling then I see another and another. I step closer to the one closest to me and see the rope tight around the neck, and hundreds of slashes to the body.

"It's like deep red" I mutter, pushing the foot of the doll so it swings and duck underneath it, going to the next.

"It's been an urge for as long I can remember, this is my coping mechanism. I wanna blame my parents but they haven't really been around enough to make an impression like that on me" Stu says sounding the most serious, I've ever heard him sound.

"Childhood abandonment causes serious deviant behaviour" I tell him the lie I've told myself again and again. It's innate, it's just who I am. No, it's her fault. She left me. Something must have broke in me that day? That's why I didn't feel anything, right? I wasn't just born like this? Surely.

"You think? I don't wanna give them the credit really" Stu walked past the doll and towards me, leaning like he always does when he's close to me. It's because he's scared of me. No, he can't be afraid of me, he's just like me.

I turn to look at him "I always thought I was alone, that no one would ever understand this. I thought I was going to lose you and I couldn't live with that. I couldn't live without you- you're the only person whose ever stayed. And now I know why, you're the same" I touch his face again, this time his jaw. I've never felt like this for anyone before, not even Sidney and god I've tried. This is the first time I've really felt anything good, maybe it's because we're meant to be. We must be, for this to feel this right?

"Billy, I would die for you. I will do anything, hurt anyone. I would kill for you, just ask." Now he looks at my lips and in between the last seven words start kissing at my neck. My mind races but not with the normal self introspection, criticising and loathing but euphoria. Plans I have put aside and condemned myself for, are now coming into fruition with Stu by my side. We could do this, we could get away with this. I push his head back up to my face and start kissing him hard, biting at his bottom lip and repressing a moan as his hand goes straight down my lower back and lower. As my hand starts to feels down his abdomen, he grunts and shoves me up against the wall moving past more dolls and clutter being pushed aside by our feet. The cold hard brick brushes against the skin of my back as he lifts me up against the wall making my sweater ride up whilst I wrap my legs around his waist. His hands start to pull at my boxers as my fingers intertwine with his hair.

I think this is how happiness feels.