You're just as twisted remember?

March 1996, Woodsboro, CA

Sidney identified Maureen's murderer, his name is Cotton Weary. They found his jacket covered in Mrs Prescott's blood inside his car, the same jacket Sidney witnessed Cotton leaving the scene of the crime in. It all worked out perfectly in the end just as we planned. It's a cut and dry case. The idiotic police played right into our hands, can't say I'm surprised with the likes of Dewey Riley on the investigation. It was really handy that the moron Cotton had left his car unlocked. It really is like something straight out of a movie. 

Now we have to just wait until the anniversary, until Neil Prescott goes a little mad.

We're in the living room, we brought down a duvet where Stu set it down on the floor where he now lays, with me sat in front of him crossed legged with my back against his chest. We're watching Gale Weathers covering the case updates on TV; a clip plays of Cotton in handcuffs being escorted out of a van in the corner of the screen as the reporter repeats all the same shit they've been saying for weeks now. I feel Stu's hand rub up and down my back unconsciously, comforting himself by pretending he's comforting me. I look back at him, his eyes glued to the screen which is the only source of light in the dark room.

"You're worrying" I state instead of asking.

"No, I'm not" He looks away from the TV to me and then back to the screen. That little line in-between his brows tells me otherwise.

"You are, there's nothing to worry about. We're in the clear" I turn my body so I'm facing him and grab a hold of his chin so he looks at me.

"I know, I've just been thinking-"

"Oh that's dangerous" I smirk cruelly, looking down to his lips then back to his eyes.

"Bitch" He slides his arm around my legs so his hand rests on my ass, trying to distract me "No, I've been thinking about the plan. When we gotta make it look real, you know?" 

"You mean when we've got to stab each other?" I look straight into his eyes, waiting for a response.

"Yeah, like I've read and read about where to stab and shit but what if we mess up? Or.. get carried away" He looks away so I can't look into them... he means me.

"You-you think I'm gonna get carried away?" He thinks I might kill him, that feeling in my chest threatens me. I drop my hand from his chin "I told you that I fucking loved you and now you think I'm gonna kill you?" My voice raises without intention, the guilt burns at me with the memories of all my plans playing in my mind; ones of me killing Stu, over and over. Accidentally or purposefully. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that-" His blue eyes widen, moving frantically trying to catch my gaze but I pull out of his arms and get off the floor. Moving out of the room and find myself in the even darker kitchen, my eyes notice the shimmer of the knife block in the moonlit room. I pull out the biggest one. The blade clinks against the wood as I slide it out. I hear Stu approaching behind me, I feel his hand land on my shoulder. I turn to him and see his expression change as he notices the weapon. Before he can take a step back, I point the knife towards him using the tip of the blade to move up his torso and towards his neck where I turn the knife so the whole blade sits against his throat, the segregated edges mere inches from opening his skin.

"Billy" he whispers, not wanting to move his throat too much,

"Don't you think if I had wanted to kill you, I would have done that by now?" I step closer, so I'm leaning into his body, my face right next to his.

I can see the fear in his eyes.

Last time I held a knife to him, he was excited. But now he's scared of me? I feel anger making my heart beat faster, my breathes come faster. I push the blade closer into him and see a thin line of blood start to leak from the edge of the metal.

"Billy!" He shouts, pain making his voice shake.

"You said you would die for me, right?" I push the knife a fraction more.

"I would" His voice barely audible.

"Then why are you frightened?" I tilt my head and stare into his eyes, I can only imagine the hollowness of them.

"I'm not-" even through the dullness of the room, I see the tears brimming.

"Fucking liar! I can see it Stu, in your eyes. You think I'm gonna go crazy and kill you too, huh? What happened to 'if you're a psycho, I'm one too' huh? You're just as twisted remember?!" I shout, I can see him flinching at my words, but the thing in me doesn't care, as much as it makes my chest ache. The thoughts of killing him won't stop moving fast in my mind, all the ideas I had pushed aside. He's scared. He's weak. He's a liability. I trust him, I moved passed this. He puts all the broken pieces together, I love him. You can't feel. You don't know what love is. You're in love with the idea of killing with him, not him..  You're incapable of love. You're still broken and he knows that too. The anger, hunger, thirst burns under my skin; making my entire being crawl. The anticipation vibrates through me, I can't stop myself. I push the knife closer. He cries. His blood starts trickling down onto my hand, I start to move it deeper.

The phone rings. 

Reality comes into focus. I pull the knife from him and step back so I'm leaning against the counters. Stu puts his hand up to his bleeding neck then runs over to the sink, opening doors and pulling out something for the wound. I hear something dripping and look down to the knife which is dangling limply from my hand at my side, the drip coming from Stu's blood dropping onto the floor.

I can't move.

Stu walks over to the phone and picks it up with one hand whilst the other holds a compress to his neck, he looks over at me but I don't look at him, just past him.

"Hello. Oh hey, yeah I'm good. No, they're back on Sunday night like usual. I'm fine Leslie, really. Billy is here. Yeah, yeah. Okay?" 

I turn and walk out the kitchen and through the hall to the front door, I unlock it and leave. Letting it close behind me as I walk up the path and out the gate. I keep walking, my breathing is still fast. My mind is faster. The knife is still in my hand. But I keep walking. 

I hurt him.

I was going to kill him. 

ps i hope you're enjoying 'deviants' as much as i am writing it. just a little content warning for the next chapters as shit is going to get darker. love, cas x ps ps if you have an recs or questions feel free to get in touch on tumblr loomis-macher.tumblr.com