My name in red.

April 1996, Woodsboro, CA

I am not the same.

It's as if something switched, I feel numb, yes but it's not the same as before. This is comfortable, a comfortable numb.

There has never been an it, a monster. It's me, I am it.

We are one and the same.

I know what I have to do.

This is acceptance.

I find myself running my fingertips across the healing wounds on my arm, I find them oddly soothing. A firm grip and reminder of reality, I will not drift away.

I have control.

I know what we have to do.

"Dude"

Stu at my side, tugs at my sleeve making me realise I'm digging my nails into my skin.

I yank my arm away from him and jump off the bench we're sitting on, he follows after me as always. The sounds of the fair around us grows louder as the crowd consumes us. Music booming from all the different rides scattered across the park, the hundreds of voices laughing and screaming. Stu is pressed so up close to me from the crowd, I feel his hand grab onto my shirt, as if he would lose me. I try to look into the distance, so I know we're headed in the right direction to the ride. As we push our way out of the crowd we see the group standing near the railings guarding the ride, Tatum clapping and jumping on the spot as Randy is doubled over retching with Sid comforting him.

"Loser!" Stu laughs, pushing past me so he can lean down near Randy mocking his sickness. Exacerbating.

"Don't be mean Stu" Sid pushes at Stu playfully, trying to sound concerned but a laugh is threatening her lips.

"Ugh- why" Randy whines

"Because you wanted to show off in front of the ladies my guy" Stu says in his most mocking tone.

"That was so fun! Please can we go on it again?" Tatum buzzing with adrenaline just as Randy vomits right next to her feet "EW! GROSS" and jumps out of the way.

"Nice" I smirk, as Stu nearly falls over laughing and Sid looks at him with annoyed furrowed brows then to me, I know what that means.

"Right, looks like we've had enough fun right Randy? How about we get you home safe and on the ground?" I try to sound sincere but the sarcasm creeps in unintentionally. Sid flashes me the look. I kick at Stu's foot, stopping him in his hysterics. He straightens up and wipes away at the tears.

"Yeah man, sounds like Randy has had all the fun he can handle" He nearly snorts.

"Dewey is picking me and Sid up soon anyways so we will look after... Randy" Tatum says as she takes a tissue from her handbag and passes it to Randy from quite a distance, not wanting to get close. The disgust is clear on her face.